Odd encounters

Jaanvi's POV:

I returned to Mysore when my third semester began. Classes became more and more hectic as we were in the final year. Placement cell of our college started guiding us regarding our career. Abhi and I used to hangout whenever we had time or simply Netflix and chill at my apartment.

Once when we were discussing our career plans, he told me about his plans to join Avasthi's for his internship. Since he didn't pay much attention to my surname, he was unaware of my family business. So whenever he mentioned about the company I used to hold back my laughter.

Our institution hosted a national level conference about management skills and current trends in business field. Many important delegates from our country attended it and spoke about their experiences. We also attended various fests and forums in our neighboring colleges and it was really helpful for us to get new ideas.

Third sem exam time table was bit harsh on me. We had our study holidays for a month but the exams were almost jam packed. My classes almost came to an end in early September. So most of the time I would be in library preparing for the exams or having a combine study session with Avni.

On our lazy weekend plan, I and Abhi met at a cafe near my apartment in the evening to diss all the university people about our stupid timetable. While we were at it, Arnav called me and told me he is in Mysore. I gave him the address of the cafe and he told me he would be there soon. Abhi got a call from home and he went out to take his extra time consuming call. Arnav entered the cafe with Ash who came and hugged me like an excited monkey. Thank god she settled finally after the commotion.

  "Jaanu guess what!!!! I have a good news for you."
Her excitement was clearly visible through her words.
  "What is it now? Should I be ready to become a good god mother to your babies any soon? "
I asked her in a teasing manner and Arnav started laughing.
  "Shut up yaar Jaanu. You don't have any serious thoughts about me or what? I came all the way from Bangalore to tell you this and you are acting like a careless bitch right now. Are you even my best friend?"
and her drama queen mode was on.
  “Ok ok calm down.. I am extremely sorry. Now, please to enlighten me about the good news you carried from such a long distance. My ears are eager to hear it"
  'Birds of a feather flock together',
If she can be a drama queen why should I let her have all the fun?

  "I'm getting engaged to this idiot boyfriend of mine in 15 days and you’re coming to Mangalore to celebrate my special day"
  "Freaking finally...... I thought I would suffer forever with your midnight calls about Arnav ignoring you. Thank God you’re finally getting engaged… But my exams would begin in November and my study holidays are limited. So..."
Even before I could complete my sentence she shot a glare.
  "Do you think I give a damn about all these shitty excuses of yours? You are the only best friend I have in my life and you think I will let you ignore my special day? Stop dreaming and get your ass a day early to Mangalore. I want you to be there at any cost."
It wasn't an invitation now. Its a threat and who am I to ignore such threats by the great Aishwarya? My poor soul wouldn't survive the wrath of my angry bird....

  "Please Jaanu, its our special day and it will be incomplete without you. Please..."
Arnav requested with his puppy eyes.
What a beautiful couple.. One uses threatening tone and other one uses sweetener in words. My favorites definitely have their way with words.
  "I heard engagement.. congratulations sass queen and the poor boy. I would definitely love to be your uninvited guest"
Abhi barged in and sat next to me.
  "Hell NO... You wicked best friend stealer"
Ash sneered.
  "Why not?? I mean… I'm such a good looking, handsome, innocent best friend of your best friend and your bickering partner. Why can't I join you all in such a special day? I badly want to visit Mangalore. It's my long term dream to find a beautiful and classy girlfriend there and get married in future. Please help me as a good wing woman Ash"
And they continued their squabbling.
  "Arnav, you still have good chances to run away. I don't want you to regret your decisions buddy"
I laughed at Arnav.
  "I’m struck with her for life Jaanu. There is no turning back now "
Arnav flashed a smile at Ash.
  "I love you baby"
Ash spoke like a coy bride.
  "Gross"
Me and Abhi screamed in unison.
And we all busted into laughter.
We talked for sometime about the preparation and I invited all of them for dinner at home. Arnav left to meet a family friend after dinner and Ash decided to stay with me tonight.