Take me out, Take me home....

Ved's POV:

After my successful confession, I returned back to my room and my cheerleaders were ready to tease till I'm tired.
"Look at that blush Arnav, Is this really our Ved? Never imagined a day I'll witness such miracle"
Of course Yash was taunting me.
"That's true.. Who knew Ved would be the first one to fall in love in our gang? "
"Not you too Arnav."
I complained. Arnav was the only person who always saved me from Yash's teasing. But today, he's joining my rival team.
"Not today my dear brother, its once in a life time opportunity "
"Whatever... now please get ready.. We still have a long journey "
I started packing my bags.
"Of course... we still have a long episode of road romance by our freshly baked Romeo.."
"Both of you listen to me clearly, every dog has a day. One day you'll be on the receiving end. That day this stupid smile won't be on your face. "
"Ok dear puppy"
They both screamed in unison and after a long time of bickering, we finally got ready for our return journey.

Once we boarded the bus, I wanted to sit with my Jaan but her friend Ash strictly denied and dragged her to their seat. She gave me a sorry look and I had to settle in the seat behind her. Ash made my girl sit next to her followed by Nishta, so I couldn't even look at her properly. I decided to text her but her phone was snatched by Ash. Without any options she started reading her book. After some times she started dozing off.

I begged Ash to exchange our seats and finally after constant pleading she agreed to it.
Now I'm finally sitting next to my Jaan. Her head rested on my shoulder and I held her hand. As time passed she snuggled closer to me and I was more than happy about it. I tucked her naughty hair stands that fell on her face. She looked like a baby in her deep slumber. I kept staring at her and my heart was content with the view. After sometime I rested my head on hers and closed my eyes.

Jaanvi POV :

Ash was extremely strict towards Ved today. She didn't let me sit with him nor let me text him. Best friends can be dangerously possessive you know....
I looked at him apologetically and he gave me his puppy face. I was struck in the middle of a cold war between my poor boyfriend and possessive best friend.

I drifted to sleep after reading for sometime. I was still struggling to open my eyes after two hours but my nostrils could sense a strong smell of cologne. I opened my eyes and I found myself sleeping on Ved's shoulders and his head rested on mine. My movements disturbed him and he woke up.

I gave him a confused look and he ruffled my hair and said,
"You slept with your book in hand. I begged her to change seats"
I mumbled a thank you.
"You know you look like a baby when you are in deep sleep. Its freaking too cute"
and kissed my forehead.
My cheeks turned pink and he smiled at me.

There was still 1.5 hour journey to reach Mangalore, so we continued to talk for some more time. Almost everyone in the bus were sleeping soundly, so he offered me his ear pod and we listened to some music together. He held my hands tight and kissed my knuckles. His simple gestures were making me a blushing mess, still I loved it a lot.

We finally reached our college entrance and everyone woke up as the bus came to a halt. Strange thing I noticed was Ash taking her nap on Arnav's shoulder.
When did this miracle happen though...??
Hey brain remind me to dig some details on this for future reference..

We got down from the bus and collected our luggage. We bid goodbyes to each other and went back to our rooms.
On the way I started asking about Ash and Arnav's closeness during the journey and she shrugged off saying it was just a seat exchange for my lover boy and nothing much. I wanted to attack her and now I'm struggling to defend myself from all the teasing.

We reached our room and the room was locked. It was already 6 in the evening so technically Piya had to be inside. But she was nowhere to be seen. Thank God I had a spare key in my bag, so I could open the door. It was completely dark when I stepped in and a sudden sound of party popper blast was heard and lights were switched on.