Dazed with the decisions

Surprise update to celebrate 10k reads of Damsel With Dreams😍🥳🎉
Thank you for all the love ❤❤❤

Jaanvi's POV :

I plopped on my bed after dinner and started thinking about my life.
Though I was quite sure he wouldn't accept this relationship, I still thought the points that Ash raised today when we talked. I wasn't sure of anything. With too many unanswered questions in mind, I slowly drifted to sleep.

It was still early when I woke up and freshened up. So I joined Mom in kitchen to help her with breakfast preparation. Once done, I went back to room and got ready for office and joined my family on the dining table. Dining table became a business discussion spot and Mom warned everyone to decently have breakfast. Grandpopz still stayed with us as he had his checkups every now an then.

Dad's phone kept ringing and he went on to receive the call. He came back with the broadest smile in his face. Everyone became curious about the reason for his happiness. He told us that Vedanth accepted the alliance and would be visiting us tomorrow. Now I started to think about the answer I need to give my family. Mom and Dad looked at me and understood my situation
"You don't have to rush just because he has given his decision. You can take your time and decide. There is no hurry for it"
Dad told me as he patted my head. We all left to work and once inside my cabin I got busy with all the data analysis and report reviewing. I didn't even have much time for a proper lunch, so I had a simple sandwich.

Finally when I went back home it was 7 in the evening. My tired body needed a calming shower and I let myself soaked in the droplets of hot water. After a long shower I came out for dinner with family. Once done with dinner, I was in my room and my brain activated itself to start thinking about the major issue in hand.

I thought about the entire pros and cons related to the marriage. What if he really wants to give us a chance, am I willing to accept it and have a happy married life with him? Am I willing to take the risk of falling in love with the same person again? I still didn't have an answer.

Then I started thinking about my family, the only constant love in my life for the past 23 years. Everyone in the family was happy when the proposal was made. I even liked Dev uncle's family for that matter, they were really as loving as my own family. Grandpopz health is getting better since I promised him about my marriage. Krithi Attige has grown really close to my family over the last few months.

I'm not expecting a straight out of a novel kind of love story in my life with my future partner since the day I moved back to Bangalore. For me my marriage would primarily mean more like change of surname and my permanent address. I never really thought of falling in love again, may be I was scared or may be I didn't find it necessary. I don't know if the concept of romantic love would still be successful in my case or not. But once I looked at the family photo that was kept on my study table, I had my answers.

Next day morning Vedanth's family was at our place once we were done with our breakfast. After exchanging few pleasantries the moment everyone waited was finally here. My Grandpopz asked Vedanth about his decision.
"I'm willing to have Jaanvi as my life partner. I'd be happy if she says yes"
He said with a genuine smile. There wasn't a tinge of hesitation in his tone. Everyone's face showed a bright smile once they heard his words. Next, Dad looked at me and I nodded.
"I'm ok with marrying Vedanth"
I finished the sentence with a smile.
My entire family became busy hugging and congratulating me and sweets were exchanged soon.
"I'm really happy with your decision Jaanvi. Welcome to our family "
Shaantala aunty hugged me.

We took the blessings of all the elders and everyone became busy with planning of the engagement. So finally it was decided that my engagement with Ved will be held on 20th of this month which is exactly after two weeks.

Since it was on a short notice, only the close family and friends circle would be involved. Both the families sat down and discussed the details about venue food and all the necessary things. Dev uncle suggested to fix the shopping dates since it is actually the most time consuming event. It was decided that both the families will go for shopping in next week after they come back to Bangalore again.

My family was extremely happy and got busy with all the preparations. My heart was at peace seeing them working with utmost perfection towards every details of the engagement. I broke the news to my three buddies Ash, Arnav and Abhi. Though they were surprised about my answer, finally they were happy to join my celebration.

Mom insisted me to take break from work for two weeks and I strongly denied. Its not like I'm doing all the work. I'm simply nodding with an yes for everything my family has planned, so there wasn't any real work for me in the preparation. Also two weeks at home without any work would cause me literal depression. So after too much coaxing Mom allowed me to go to office. A week passed by in a blur with all the preparations.

Ved's family was back in Bangalore and we went for shopping on 14th, all the family shopping was done and only mine and Ved's purchasing were left. We picked our outfits and the engagement rings. He never complained about anything throughout the shopping, so I guess he doesn't really want to mess up anything this time. I was happy about everything as long as my family was happy.

Since I had only four days left in hand for the engagement, I decided to take a day off from tomorrow and stay home with my family. So I went to office to wrap up all my works. I had some more files to check, so I got back with a cup of coffee and started reviewing them.

Ved barged in out of nowhere and stood in front of me. I was confused about his behavior. After a long silence he finally chose to speak
"So.... happy Ms. Jaanvi Avasthi?"
May be he asking about engagement ...
"I guess so"
"Of course you should be....
Your manipulation skills worked so well and you have managed to convince my own family to kick me out of their life for your sake. I thought you were innocent Jaanvi. You bloody changed into something I really don't know. "
His words were confusing the shit out of me.
"Ved stop.... Can you talk straight to the point? I really can't understand what you're talking right now "
"Stop acting Jaanvi, it's just two of us now. You don't have anyone to impress with your skills."
"What the hell is actually wrong with you Ved? Why are you behaving like this?"
"Behaving like what? You clearly knew I don't like you, I don't have any good feelings about you and I already have a girlfriend. Still you bloody convinced my family for this shitty arrangements for what? Just because of your petty revenge. I disgust you Jaanvi. "
His words dripped venom. Why am I getting so much hate for something I didn't even do?
"First of all it was your own family that came up with this proposal and it was you who accepted it like an obedient puppy and now your portraying me like a villain. What kind of nonsense is this Mr. Vedanth?"
"You pushed me to accept this. You left me with no options but to accept this stupid proposal."
"You freaking had an option all the time Ved and you choose to accept this with that bloody fake smile of yours and now you want me to act like a bitch in front of my family while you remain in your goody two shoes... You really deserve a standing ovation for your hypocrisy.
My family is my priority. The only reason I said yes to you is to make my family happy and I would do anything to make them happy. Still let me be fair to you and your so called relationship. Let's call our families, let them know that you don't want to marry me. May be they could hear you and understand that you don't want this"
"Fine then let's do it. "
"Well and good. I don't have my car with me. So I hope you don't mind driving me home."
"Definitely not. After all, this will be the last time we're doing something like this"
Right now... I don't even know what exactly is happening with my life. Every single thing is out of my control. So the only option I have in my hand is to ride with the tide. We drove back home in complete silence.