I still get jealous...

Jaanvi's POV :

We were done with the final stage testing of the software after incorporating it with the game and it would be launched in 3 days. Though we were quite satisfied with our work, the nervousness was still there. A single error would mess up everything and I didn't want something of that sort this time. Papa and Ved were more confident than me about the project and Ved was giving me his stupid pep talks all the time.

Finally when the D-day arrived, our entire team along with the client company got ready for the launch. Ticking clock was increasing the tension in the room. The game was finally launched at 9 in the morning and now we had to track the downloads and the gaming experience by the users. Next few hours were critical for both the companies since it was one of their popular games in market and major source of their profit.

Response for the first few hours was quite normal and didn't reach upto our expectations. But by noon, we saw some drastic change in the data regarding the user experience and count of downloads across the world. It was really a thrilling experience for us to see our project finally moving towards success. The amount of happiness I felt then was something that I couldn't explain.

"You made us proud Jaanvi. This is the reason why me and your Dad insisted you to take up the post. You deserve all the success "
Papa congratulated me.
"Thank you sir. I had a great team to work with me. Its because of their hard work we managed to get things done in the best way. I hope we can live up to your expectations in future too"
I prefer calling him and Ved with formalities in the office since both of them are my immediate seniors in work and I don't want people to judge my work based on my family relationships. Dad smiled at my professional tone.
"Congratulations to you and your Team Mrs. Jaanvi, we are proud of you "
Ved gave me a knowing smile and I returned it with a thank you.

My entire team rejoiced at the success and our clients were happy about it too. This way my first independent major project at V&A and it was a success. I was really happy about it. Mumma had already prepared a feast at home once she got the news. I received a long con call from my parents and cousins in office. It was a day worth remembering.

Ved's POV :

It was a proud moment for all of us when the project became a success. The response was good even after a week. I suggested Jaanvi and her team to have some days off since they had been working rigorously for a long time now. Being the best team lead she bargained it to make it off days with pay. Dad can never say no to his dear daughter's demands and I had no say in this. Though she wasn't at work, she continuously monitored work from home.
"What's the use of letting you take a day off when you're still busy with your laptop?"
I asked her when I came back home early from work.
"Team lead of last project is at rest but COO of V & A has some work pending. I will finish it and rest like a lazy daughter of this house. "
She flashed me a beautiful smile and I couldn't help but smile at her. She started working again after off days and life was running at its own pace. Since the project was a success our client company planned a success party on the weekend and we had to attend it.

Since the theme was casual I ditched the formal suit and picked a casual black jacket and trousers and a striped white tee shirt. I was still in living room talking to Mom and Dad about the work when she walked down in her classic black cocktail dress. Her look was 10/10 with a nude make up and a pair of black heels. I was busy gawking at her when Mom nudged me to get back to my senses.
Way to embarrass myself in front of my parents ogling at my own wife...

After the brief embarrassing moment we drove to the party venue. I wanted to compliment but didn't want to look desperate.
"You look great"
She casually told and started staring outside her window.
"That's what I wanted to tell you too"
I tried to manage the situation.
"But since I already used the line, you should try saying something else"
She said with a mischievous smile.
"Your brain and beauty are extremely sexy"
I was mentally face palming after I blurted it out. But it wasn't bad..
I mean.. I'm complimenting my very own wife... nobody can question me... the hell I'll let anyone question me.. Only I have the right to call her hot, cute, beautiful, sexy and whatever I feel like...
"Google helps"
She blushed even after trying to be bold in front of me.

We finally reached the venue and she went on to greet her team while I met the other guests. It was a fun party with music, drinks and dance. Since we both are terrible dancers, we never tried to experiment it. She was again the center of attraction in the crowd and she managed the situation well.

I sat down for a drink with Vishaal, our project manager and other team members. She was talking to someone named Aadi from our client company. He introduced himself as the executive head of the company.
I don't know why ... but their conversation was in no plans to end and she didn't even bother looking at me throughout the conversation. With each passing drink, my frustration grew and their conversation too.

That chimpanzee like guy was making her smile with his stupid jokes and she was having a great time with him. I couldn't bear to see her with him but I didn't want to throw fits like a jealous husband. I was controlling myself with uncountable number of drinks. Soon my mind became a mess and all I want is my Jaan next to me.