Candle light conversations

Ved's POV :

Seeing her happy was making me happy unknowingly. Being a busy bee, she was busy with one or other thing throughout the day and even during the reception, she was busy talking to all her friends. I felt like an abandoned kid throughout the day. Having a popular wife comes with its own drawbacks...

Her self proclaimed best friend, Abhi was finally with his girlfriend and I was more than happy that he stopped clinging to my wife. Trust me he could beat fevicol gum in being sticky...
Rest of the reception went smoothly and her parents along with my sister and brother in law came home. We had a happy family reunion.

Yet again, Jaanvi was busy with her family and Krithi akka wanted to spend time with her. I felt bit frustrated now. Everyone wants her attention and she gives that to everyone except me.
Come-on.. I'm the one who took seven vows with her for heaven's sake , I deserve her time and attention...
The only thing that made me happy was she would start staying at home from now on.
Goodbyes to empty and boring room...

Once everything went back to normal after the wedding and we were back to being good frenemies but our arguments now wasn't exactly arguments but it turned to healthy discussions. Talking to her about anything and everything became a part of daily routine.
I had to go to Mumbai to check the construction work since it was almost at the final stage. She stayed back as her project was also at the testing stage. This entire month was crucial for both of us since both our major projects would be ready by the end of the month.

Staying away from her become highly irritating these days. Even the long phone calls at night didn't help much in the current case. The five star restaurant food wasn't giving the satisfaction of her home made food and the luxurious AC room didn't provide the comfort I craved for . If dependency is the word for my condition, then I'm head over heels dependent on my wife about everything in my life.

Jaanvi's POV :

The software project was finally in its testing stage and within next month it should be ready to get launched. Our days became busy again but Mumma didn't allow me to skip any meal this time. Sometimes she would send lunch boxes and if I and Ved went out to eat, we had to send her the picture proofs to ensure our situation. She's indeed a mother hen.

Since we retained the demo team to work for the project, we didn't find much issues about communication. Each day we tried to improve the things and test and prepare the reports. Final phase of testing was in last 15 days. Other than this project I had to check on the normal functioning of the company. Each day my table would be full of files and reports and proposals. I didn't even realize how those 15days passed by.

Because of my hectic schedule, my PMS was kicking me badly. Instead of mood swings, I experienced mood rollercoasters. I would loose my calm easily sometimes and would throw tantrums at Ved when we were at home. I badly wanted to stay alone for a day or two. So I came back to the farmhouse and called Mumma to inform about it. She agreed and asked me to inform Ved too. He was busy with meeting when I left, so I thought of dropping a message instead of calling. I continued working with my laptop after freshening up.

Ved's POV :

I realized she left for home when I didn't find her in her cabin. So once I wrapped up all my works, I went back home and she wasn't home too. I checked my phone and her message informed that she would be in her farmhouse. Since I couldn't bear the silence in room, I decided to surprise her and freshened up quickly and left to her place. I got some chocolates for her since Mom told me about her extreme mood swings issue. Even Krithi akka used to tell me chocolate helps in such situations.

It was almost 8 when I went there. The door was open and she was in her living room busy with her laptop in her tee-shirt and shorts. Instead of light, there were candles around her. Her face had a different glow in the dim light of candles.
I cleared my throat to get her attention and she was clearly shocked to see me there and asked me to join her in the sofa once she calmed down.
"Candles?"
I asked with curiosity.
"Ohh.. We have a power cut here. So we need to wait till 10. But what's with the sudden visit?"
She asked me as she focused more on me than her laptop.
"Casual visit. Thought of giving some privacy to Mom and Dad"
We both laughed at each other.