Camp in Coffee Land

Too many POV's alert 👀
Anyways happy reading ...❤

Ved’s POV:

First day of new year went quiet eventfully. My family along with Yash and Arnav's family had a small gathering at home and some of our cousins joined us too. Later in the evening, me and my buddies settled in my room and started talking about the project reports and our future plans. Arnav and I planned to continue our education while Yash decided to train under his dad and join their family business.

Realization hit us soon that we were graduating this year and we had only 3 months in hand. We reminisced the time we spent together in St. Theresa. There were both good and bad memories, but one thing remained constant throughout, our friendship and brotherhood. We knew each others strengths, weaknesses, secrets and what not... Finding these two idiots could be the best part of my entire student life. Since we didn't have much time in hand, we decided to make the best out of these 3 months.

Yash and Arnav left with their families after dinner and I was still thinking about my impending confession. Though Jaanvi entered my life much recently, her presence meant a lot more important to me. I may or may not have a chance of making her stay forever, but I want to try my level best to let her know that I love her. I had to think of something soon and thinking about her beautiful smile, I drifted to dreamland.

Morning came early and I had to get ready for the classes. I left to college after my breakfast with Mom and Dad. First day went quiet well and I met my girl in the library at noon.
We talked for sometime and she left early since she didn't have any classes. After a week, we had a council meeting regarding the Annual Council Camp. This camp is held in order to improve the team building skills and also for a fun get away from our busy college life. We scheduled our two days, two night camp on 23rd and 24th of the month. We were leaving on 22nd and would be returning on 24th evening.

The moment I announced the date, her smile faltered for a second and she was back to normal within no time. We decided to have our camp this time in Chikmagalur and everyone seemed fine with it. So after discussing the details, we dismissed the meeting and all of us went back to our classes.

Jaanvi's POV :

Nishta had already created enough hype about the annual council camp from the day we came back. Since she was close to our dear council head,
( Note: 'our' for general public and 'dear' for me) we received the hint about camp location. Chikmagalur and Coorg were in last round of discussion and I was hoping it to be Chikmagalur as Coorg was our usual family picnic spot.

As soon as the date of camp was announced, I felt a tinge of sadness. This Jan 24th, I was supposed to celebrate my 18th birthday with my family. But for the first time I'm staying away from them on my birthday. Soon I tried to put on a smile and managed the meeting.

Later at night I called home to inform about the camp and they encouraged me to join. No one talked about missing my birthday. I was surprised....in fact shocked.
How can my own family forget my 18th birthday? Everyone used to plan my birthday since the beginning of January every year. Just because I'm not staying with them this time doesn't mean they can forget my birthday.

How can they do this to me?
Its not even a month I last visited them and they are already forgetting my importance in the family. I was upset... really upset.... terribly upset...
I called my Grandpopz hoping at least he would remember my special day. But guess what.... HE DIDN'T.... He talked about everything else except my birthday. I finished talking to him and plopped on my bed and I was extremely sad with my family's behavior. I don't want to sound petty and childish, but my family never missed any silly thing related to me. This is the first time I'm being ignored and it hurts real bad..
May be this year I'm not lucky enough to celebrate my special day with my family.... Fine then.. No birthday celebrations this year...
I decided to sleep early but continued to toss and turn in my bed and finally after a long time sleep embraced me.