Ghost from the past

Krithika's POV:

Me and Avinaash are in a relationship for more than 6 years and now that my family started discussing about my marriage, I had to talk to him about the situation. I started working as an assistant professor for 6 years in Bangalore and my family is really proud of me. My Dad never asked me to join his business, even after him being a well-known businessman for years. My parents allowed me to pursue my dream career and my brother has always been a constant support to me. I really feel blessed to be a part of such a lovely family.

Avi wanted to talk to his family before I inform my family, so that his parents can talk to mine and we can get married with the consent of both the families. Today I met his sister Jaanvi. Since the day we were friends he used to talk about her all the time. I never had a sister, so I wanted Jaanvi to be like one in future and I really loved her as soon as we met. She is really a sweetheart and loving sister. If someday I get a chance to find a girl for my brother, I would definitely pick Jaanvi.

While I was busy thinking about all these Avi called me and told me about his parent's decision to meet me and my family. We both were happy that his family readily accepted our love without any issues. Even Jaanvi texted me at night. Now I had to talk to my parents about this. Talking to parents about love isn't easy task even if your parents are cool and friendly. Since marriage is a major decisions in anyone's life, parents take time to decide the partner for their kids.

I couldn't casually call and talk about this issue with them. Since I don't have any classes as the even semester exam study holidays were going on, I decided to go home. I called Mom and told her about my plans to come home and I booked my bus tickets. As March wasn’t a busy month I got tickets easily. I drifted to sleep after finishing dinner.

I’m finally back home after a long time and my parents were happy to see me. My baby brother was still in his business meetings in Mumbai. So I decided to call him after dinner to ask him to come home. I wanted everyone to be there when Avi's family visits us.

Fortunately he picked up the call within first few rings.
  "Hello Proffs, How you doing? "
That naughty kid always has a new nickname for me.
  "I’m fine my monkey, when are you coming home? "
  "Are you at home already? You should have told me. I would have rescheduled"
  "It was a last moment decision, so couldn't inform you. Anyways how's work going on?"
  "Everything is fine here. I'll try to comeback asap"
  "Come home. I have a good news waiting for you"
  "Wow Proffs, I’m excited. Let me check my schedules and I will let you know when can I come back"
  "We all really miss you, comeback soon."
  "Fine Proffs. Need to complete my presentation, have a meeting tomorrow "
  "Ok then please don't skip food and sleep well. Take care love you "
  "You too Akka, love you"
My baby brother isn't a baby anymore. He has become such a great businessman under Dad's training and he is our family's pride.

After sometime my phone flashed with a notification of his message that he will be home on 15th, that's day after tomorrow. Finally everything is falling into place and I just wish both the families will be happy meeting each other.

Next day morning I spoke to Mom and Dad about Avinaash and they asked me about his family and stuff. After talking for sometime they wanted to meet his family. I called Avi to talk about it and he said they would come to meet my family on 16th. Mom came to me after I finished my call with him and I told her everything.
  "So finally my little girl will become a beautiful bride. Mom is so proud of you Krithi.
  You are successful in your career, now you have a loving partner, I’m very happy for you "
And she kissed my forehead.
  "Mom...... is Dad okay with all these things?
  He was bit tensed when I told him about Avinaash. I’m worried "
  "Its normal for every father to get worried about his daughter's marriage Krithi. You are staying in Bangalore for so long and now your in law's house is also in Bangalore. So Dad is bit sad about sending you away. Don't worry he will be happy once he meets Avinaash"
  "I just hope the same Mom"
Then we talked for sometime and she went back to her room to talk to Dad.