Break that broke things

Jaanvi's POV :

His exams were finally coming to an end and I was eagerly waiting for it. I was free till the end of April, so I decided to visit our office. Everyone was shocked when they got to know that I'm their CFO's sister. But I requested everyone to treat me like a normal employee.

Ved called me to let me know about the successful completion of the project he worked on during his internship. I congratulated him for the same. Then he asked me to join the party his team had organized on the 30th to celebrate the success.
"But Ved, I don't know anyone there, it will be awkward "
I hesitantly replied.
"You don't have to worry about it. Arnav, Ash, Shrey and Anaitha will be there too. Moreover I will be with you na. Please come Jaan. Its been really long that we went out together and its the last party of my student life"
He was really adamant and I had to give in finally.
"Ok I will come then"
"Cool, I will pick you up at 6 then, be ready. I think someone's trying to call me. I will call you later Jaan. Bye take care "
"Bye... " and he hanged up before I could say anything else.
"Love you Ved"
I mumbled to myself.

There's still two days for the party and Ash dragged me for party wear shopping. Ash and her love for shopping is an entirely different case. She can shop for a whole day and come out with too many shopping bags in hand and still cry that she doesn't have anything to wear within a week. So without any options, I joined her. After trying multiple dresses she finally decided to go with a peach short dress and I liked a black and white knee length dress and picked it up. Finally the great adventure of shopping came to an end and we decided to have lunch in food court.

Later we both came home in the evening and plopped on the sofa in living room. We decided to have a movie marathon and I picked the movie while she went to freshen up. I quickly freshened up and joined her with popcorns and snacks. Chinnamma had asked us to have dinner with her but we were already full with popcorn and other snacks so we skipped dinner. One after the other we watched 3 movie and when we checked the time it was around 2. We finally went back to our room and slept instantly.

We both didn't really have anything to do, so we spent our lazy day gossiping about anything and everything under the sun and went for a walk in the evening. When we came back, I had a long con call with my entire family. Then we had our dinner and drifted to sleep.

Ved called me next morning to remind me about the party at night and we talked for sometime. He was in office for some urgent work and he asked me to be ready on time for the party and then he hanged up the call. Ash went back to her cousin's place and promised to meet me in the party.

I was excited about meeting him and got ready quickly. I was marching back and forth in living room waiting for him and Chinnamma was making fun of me for my impatience. I was excited when I heard the car entering through our gates. But it was Arnav and Ash who came home in the evening to pick me since Ved was still struck in office because of his work. I was bit sad but still chose to ignore it since he will join me soon after he finishes his work.

We reached the nightclub where the party was organized. There weren't many familiar faces, so we three stayed together and soon Shrey joined us. We decided to have some non alcoholic drinks with some appetizers since none of us were comfortable with alcohol. We settled in one of the couches and started talking about each other's life. Some colleagues of Arnav and Shrey joined us and there were casual conversations going on.
I excused myself and went to washroom and when I came back they were talking about Ved. I heard that Ved is planning to move to Mumbai next week to handle their restaurant business and probably settle there. I was surprised when I heard it and Ash and Arnav shot me glance to check if I knew it or not. I whispered a no to them in reply.

I badly wanted to meet Ved and talk about this as soon as possible. He never mentioned about all these to me. In fact our plan was that we both will stay here itself, so that he can work for his company while I finish my Masters. My mind was a mess at the moment and all I wanted is Ved in front of me. It was almost 8 when he came in and Anaitha was with him.