Fixing yet failing

Jaanvi's POV :

Sleep was nowhere near me, but I didn't want Ash to worry about me, so I continue to snuggle with my duet keeping my eyes shut. After sometime I woke up since I was thirsty and went to kitchen to fetch some water. But the back door was open and the backyard lights were on. I could hear Arnav and Ash speaking clearly. Hearing their conversation made me realize how lucky I am to have such lovely people in my life.

I went back to sleep and after sometime I felt the other side of the bed dipping and soon I was engulfed to a tight hug by Ash. A smile crept on my sleepy face. I woke up early in the morning and went to the garden and sat there for a while after freshening up. Weather was good and the silence of dewy morning was perfectly calming. After sometime Arnav came out with two coffee mugs and sat on the swing next to me and passed me a mug. I mumbled a Thanks.
"Weather is nice, its really relaxing "
He said as he sipped his coffee.
"True.. and the coffee tastes good. Ash finally got someone who can get her perfect coffees"
I smiled at him.
"Finally found someone to appreciate my handwork, I feel honored"
and we both chuckled.
"You know coffee and love has some similarities if you observe closely. Even after the strong bitterness of coffee, we get satisfied with the slight taste of sugar in it. Same way, even after having too many problems, we tend to get happy with the simplest things we share in love. Isn't it amazing?"
"You are too good with your words Arnav. Now I know why Ash tend to use her ears more than her mouth. Thank you for taking care of that idiot best friend of mine. I'm happy that she ended up with you"
I'm sincerely happy for them.
"You don't have to thank me for that. Taking care of each other is the basic policy of love. Love isn't a tug of war match that both parties try to win the argument, but its like rowing a boat. Even if one of them makes a mistake, other has to balance the entire boat and make it reach the destination."
Those were some intensely meaningful sentence and I'm actually impressed by the way he picked his words.

"Done with your philosophy class early in the morning? Then join me for breakfast. My brain cells need some nourishment too"
Ash screamed at us. We both shared a laughter and went inside the house.
We finished breakfast and Arnav and Ash left to their places as I assured them about my well-being. Chinmamma went out for some groceries shopping and I decided to study for sometime.

Ved's POV :

After finishing some parts of the report. I had make some calls and I searched for my phone. Then I remembered I had thrown it somewhere on my bed. I plugged in the charger and switched on my phone.
There were multiple missed calls from Jaanvi and some by Arnav. Actually I was supposed to call Arnav to enquire why he didn't join me last night. I decided to call him and suddenly Yash called me out of the blue.
"Are you even alive Ved? When was the last time you called me? When was the last time we met? You both committed brats make me feel extra lonely all the time "
He kept rambling on and on.
"Hello to you too Yash. Why did you turn on your radio station in this hour? Had something important to talk?"
I sarcastically asked.
"Actually I called Jaanvi to wish her. So thought of wishing you too."
"Wish me for what? Staying your best friend till now without breaking your bones? "
I chuckled.
"Of course not dumbo. Wait... Don't tell me you forgot your anniversary and Jaanvi's birthday. Bro you are definitely screwed if you did"
Holy shit.... I actually forgot her birthday and also our anniversary. Arghhhh how could I be so careless.. We just sorted out one misunderstanding and we already have a new one now. How am I going to untangle this mess now.... This time I'm actually doomed because of my carelessness.
"Hello Ved, are you still on call or did she actually kill you.?"
"If I don't move out of my house now I might probably be dead soon. I will call you some other time. Thank you for saving me this time "
and I ended my conversation with Yash.
Think something Ved you need to calm her down before things get messy.
I checked the time and it was already 3. I decided to go to her house and freshened up real quick and started driving to her place and grabbed a bouquet of roses on the way.