Meeting with the Mystery Girl

Jaanvi's POV :

My interview at Avasthi's went well. Though my family was in the administration, they did not interfere with my interview. None of the members from interview committee showed any difference towards me and I had to go through all the procedures like a normal applicant. Finally I was selected as business analyst and I had to join in within next month.

My family was happy with my performance and Grandpopz decided to gift me an Audi RS7. Since I didn't want any extra attention, I didn't drive it to my work place. I was content with my Honda Dio. So my work life finally began on August 10th and my family and friends gave me best wishes on my first day.
Now I'm joining the company as an employee finally and I'm really excited for my first day. All the newly recruited employees had to go through a two months training session and they will start working regularly after the assessment. So on the first day we were guided about the details of work.

After two month of training, we finally started working. My colleagues were quite friendly and I managed to make some friends after the training. Diya and Shlok who were working in my team became good friends in the 2 months of our training period.

Once the actual work schedules began, days started getting busier each day. Table full of report papers, schedule full of meetings and discussions and day full of strong coffees became a way of life. Since I had the idea about IT field, I could adjust better than others. Work life was entirely different from the student life. Weekends were luxury once the work load increased. But life was still enjoyable.

Abhi got placed in HR department of Mysore Branch and we used to meet once in a while when he came to Bangalore or when I went to Mysore. There were times when our cousin gang along with Ash, Arnav and Abhi would go on road trips too. 6 months of working has taught me so many things about life.

Soon I was promoted to the post of senior analyst. Responsibility and work load are directly proportional to each other. As the position in work increases work load and sleepless nights increases too. I’m slowly realizing the amount of efforts put in by family in building this company and I’m proud to be part of such great family.

Avinaash's POV:

Jaanu has always dreamt of joining the company and working with us. Finally after her Masters, she joined our company. Though she could easily get into any higher post, she decided to work from the basic level and learn things on her own. I’m really proud of her.

As per the work life, everything was running perfectly. But there were few things that I needed to discuss with my family but I still need to gather some more courage to handle those things. Since professional life became extra busy, I couldn't give enough time for personal life and its causing some issues at the moment.

I was in a call at the balcony of my room and Jaanvi came to meet me. I asked her to wait for sometime and she nodded with a ok. I really wanted to talk to her about these things, but I didn't want to disturb her studies so I managed to keep things for myself. Once the call ended I joined her in the room.

  "What happened princess? Any problems in office you need help with? "
I asked her as she would approach me usually if she had any queries about the work.
She shook her head and denied.
  "What else? "
I asked her with curiosity.
  "You think I haven't noticed your change in behavior since last 2-3 months. You keep getting long phone calls every now and then. Nowadays you are always zoning out during dinners. You don't look like the cheerful boy in our family years ago. Now tell me what's bothering you? I may not be of great help but sharing your burdens will help you feel better"
Her tone meant seriousness in every word she spoke.
  "Jaanu.... I have to tell you something. I wanted to tell you about this for a long time but.... "
I was still hesitating whether or not to disclose the issue.
  "Spill it, I’m all ears"
She said as she sat next to me.
  "I have someone special in my life whom I want you to meet"
I blurted out.
She was dead silent for a minute. I'm scared to death with her sudden change of mood.
  "For how long? "
She asked me with a stern look.
  "6 years.... She was my batch mate during my Masters. I met her through common friends. We were good friends initially, since we both had feelings for each other we started dating. I wanted to tell you about all these earlier but I didn't know if its appropriate or not. I’m really sorry Jaanu, I didn't want things to move this way. Right now her family is considering her marriage issue. I'm worried about disclosing it to family. I don't know how will I manage"
I was really worried about her reaction. This is the biggest secret I have maintained from her in my entire life.
  "I want to meet her as soon as possible. Can you do that ?"
Her face showed the most serious expression I have seen till now.
  "Yeah. We will meet her tomorrow. If you are ok with it?"
  "Tomorrow after work. Let me know the place and time through text. I have some work to finish "
and she left my room without asking anything else.