Heart aches and Heart breaks

Jaanvi’s POV :

So many things happened over the past 7 month's time. Dev uncle and his family had to suffer the loss because of their partners betrayal. Fortunately Dad came up with the idea of merger and it was successful too. Though we were giants in IT field, our knowledge towards construction industry was still low. So combining Vasishtas and Avasthi’s was a great idea to compensate each other's negative points.

I had been to Mangalore with my team to discuss the finance reports and situations at the newly merged company of ours. We came up with some plans to balance both the fields so that we can curb the losses.
I was still in office when I received a call from Dad, I came out of the cabin to talk to him.
  “Dad, I have been hardly staying away for two days and you already started missing me. Don’t worry I will be back in two days."
I said laughing.
  “Jaanu are you with Amay now?"
His tone was serious now.
  “Yes dad, we both are in the office. What’s the issue?"
I was getting worried each second.
  “Can you both quickly come back to Bangalore please? Your Grandpopz isn’t feeling well. He wants to meet you."
My senses felt numb for a moment. My Grandpopz was healthy days ago and now I’m gletting a call that he isn’t well. Dad didn’t mention anything but I know its related to his heart. He had a surgery 2 years ago because of his arteries blockage and he was under constant medications and he was getting better.

Tears trickled down my cheeks while my phone was still on call. Amay Anna came out to check on me and I was too numb to notice anything around me. He talked to Dad and we had to travel back to Bangalore soon.
Ved joined us, as both of us were not in a state to drive. I kept sobbing on Amay anna’s shoulder throughout the journey and my tired body drifted to sleep.

He woke me up once we reached the hospital and we rushed to his room. I couldn’t hold back myself once I saw my family outside the ICU.
  “Jaanu calm down, he is going to be fine."
Dad tried to calm me down.
  “His heart issues relapsed right? How can he be so careless Dad? Didn’t he promise me to find my prince? How can he do this to me? "
I sobbed terribly in Dad’s embrace.

My Grandpopz is my entire family’s strength. He is the one who would always support me even after my Mom’s tantrums. Since my childhood we have been each others favorites. When grandma left us, I was by his side all the time. Their love was  exemplary to all of us. My Grandpopz has always been my hero, my strength and today he is weakly sleeping on his ICU bed.

After waiting for an entire day, his body conditions were somewhat stable. Doctor said his vitals are fine but possibilities of next attack can not be predicted. As soon as he regained consciousness he asked for me.
  “Princess, you came back? I think your Dad was tensed if I leave without meeting you”
He still laughed in his weak state.
  “You old man.. How can you give me unnecessary tension during my working hours? Do you know Avasthi’s will suffer because of this?"
I playfully glared at him.
  “Sorry madam. I didn’t know my heart will be this weak without my princess”
His puppy eyes were back in action even though his eyes screamed tiredness.
  “Now your princess is back right... How’s your heart now?"
  “Its fit and fine princess. I won’t leave without enjoying in your wedding. How can I leave without finding a prince and a beautiful palace with loving family for my princess?”
  “Then you must get well soon na Grandpopz.”
He nodded.
  “Princess... you might know already about my dream but I want see that dream coming true soon, can you promise me one thing.?”
  “Spill it"
  “I want you and Avi to get married on the same mantapa. I want to bless you both to live happily forever. Is it okay if your Grandpopz become a tiny bit selfish this time?"
He asked me like a kid asking for toffees.
  “You promise me to get well and enjoy in my marriage. I promise to get ready along with Avi Anna to be the prettiest bride.
  Deal?"
  “Accepted”
And he kissed my forehead.
  “Now be a good boy and get some sleep. I still need to tell them all about our deal. "
He nodded and slept.

I went out of the room and informed that he was fine. Everyone was relaxed after hearing the news. I didn’t speak anything about my conversation with him about my marriage with anyone. Because this isn’t the place or time suitable for such talks. Mom and Dad decided to stay in the hospital and we all went back to home. Vedanth stayed at our place and would return tomorrow. I and Amay Anna thanked him for helping us. Two days later my Grandpopz came home after discharge and according to doctor he was doing better now.