Chapter 10

"Why were you pleased with me before? Manishi did all the work." Takemitchy asked Mikey while peddling away.

"That's a stupid question." Mikey replied, bluntly.

"Sorry." He replied awkwardly and I giggled at how awkward he is. Mikey noticed me giggling and looked at me.

"Why didn't you fight Kiyomasa? I saw you dodging his attacks and you could've easily taken him down."

"Uh- I felt lazy honestly." I replied sheepishly, not wanting to tell him I knew he was gonna come.

"You're funny Nishi-chin. Who taught you how to fight?" Mikey smiled at me. HE'S SO CUTE WTF.

"A couple of my friends. They're really good at it." I reply. I didn't want to tell anyone I knew the Haitani brothers and even asked Baji and Chifuyu to not say anything.

"Ah, must be good teachers. Even I can teach you some tricks if you want Nishi-chin!" Mikey grinned at me.

"Oh my god, seriously?" I grinned back at him, happy since Mikey is pretty op and I would be learning something from him too!!

"To answer your question Takemitchy, I have a 10 years older brother. Well, he's dead now though. He was a reckless guy. He'd always calmly challenge guys way stronger than him to fights." Mikey said, smiling at the thought of his brother. I wanted to cry since his brother was so nice and Mikey obviously misses him. I have an older sister and she's 9 years older than me and I couldn't even imagine what would happen to me if she died.

"Oh! He sounds like a really cool person!" Takemitchy replied.

"Takemitchy, you are like him." Mikey said to him.

"Huh? I ain't that cool! No matter how you look at it!" Takemitchy whined.

"Well, it's true. He wasn't as lame as you, Takemitchy." Mikey laughed, making Draken and I chuckle while Takemitchy called Mikey mean.

We stopped at a bridge and got down. 

"This is an era when delinquents are called 'lame', isn't it?" Mikey said, looking at the water. "In my brother's generation, there were quite a lot of street gangs in this area. There. you'd listen to your intuition and act on it. Everyone acted big. All they did was fight. But everyone took care of themselves. What was so lame about those guys?" Mikey sat down on the grass and continued speaking, "That's why I'm going to create an era for delinquents. You both should accompany me on that journey. I was pleased by you, Hanagaki Takemitchy, Shukla Manishi." Mikey smiled at us both. 

"We have plenty of guys that are good at fighting. But there aren't many guys like you who would stand against anyone if it were for something you couldn't 'give up'." Draken said to Takemitchy, then turned to look at me. "There aren't people like you either who would defend people whom they don't even know. Think about it, you both."

Takemitchy and Draken soon went after and Mikey was lying on the grass and told me to lie down too. The sun was setting down and we both looked at it in silence. 

"Nishi-chin, what do you feel about delinquents?" Mikey asked me suddenly.

"Hm, I haven't given it any particular thought, but if they are like you and Draken, that's good." I reply, turning my head to look at him.

"What do you mean by that?" He turned to look at me too which made me want to look away because he was so close but I just stayed there.

"You guys protected Takemitchy and me and most guys wouldn't hold themselves on hitting girls like you did. You both seem pretty respectable here, which is pretty cool because it takes a lot to be respected. Especially that kick of yours!! I would definitely want to learn that! It was soooo cool!!!" I replied, excitedly.