Chapter 22

"Takemitchy, Nishi-chin. I have to tell you both something important." Mikey said. 

The 3 of us were sitting on the stage watching everyone leave.

"I've got this childhood friend. We just lived in the same neighbourhood. It's not like we got along that well. He was always picking fights with me. And I handed him his ass every time." 

"...He kept trying to fight you?? What a dumbass." Takemitchy says, shocked.

"Yup. That's the guy who punched you earlier. Keisuke Baji." Mikey says his name with fondness. "It's hard to tell what he's thinking right?" 

"Yeah. Isn't he friends with you Nishi-chin?" Takemitchy asked, looking at me.

"Yup. He'll slug people passing by just because he's sleepy. And if he's hungry, he'll try to pour gasoline all over a car and set in on fire. Chifuyu and I have to literally hold him back to not do that." I tell him, laughing.

"W-wow." Takemitchy stuttered.

"Anyway, about him. He's one of Toman's founding members. I started Toman in my first year of middle school along with Draken, Mitsuya, Pah-chin and Baji. We gathered together to establish our gang. Nishi-chin, Takemitchy, bring back Baji from Valhalla." Mikey said, not looking at us at all.

"I.. really love that guy." Mikey continued slowly. He looked at me and then Takemitchy with a sad smile. "Can you both do that for me?"

"Of course! We both can do that for you Mikey kun!" Takemitchy said and I nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry Mikey. We both will bring him back." I say. 

"Can I ask you just one thing?" Takemitchy asked Mikey and Mikey nodded for him to speak. "Kisaki.. get Kisaki out of Toman! Why did you recruit that bastard! I can't explain why but that guy is bad news! Kisaki will ruin Toman in the future!"

"Okay." Mikey said, standing up and smiling at Takemitchy making him look at Mikey in shock.

"We are gonna fight Valhalla pretty soon. Get Baji back before then. Prove to me that you're more useful that Kisaki. That's my trade. If you fail, I'll kill you." Mikey said in a chilling tone to Takemitchy. I sat there silently wishing Mikey would say that to me as well.

"Mitsuya!" Mikey suddenly shouted, making me wince. " I can see your silver hair peeking out from behind that tree! What have you been listening in on us for?" 

Mitsuya walks in front of the tree with a sheepish smile on his face and a hand behind his head. "Aw man, you caught me? I was looking for the restroom and heard someone talking."

"Well, good timing. I am putting Takemitchy under your division. He's now an official member of Toman. Welcome aboard Takemitchy, <3" Mikey said making Takemitchy smile really creepily at Mitsuya. 

After talking for a little while I left with Mikey, leaving Takemitchy because he wanted to be alone. 

"Mikey." 

Mikey hummed in response for me to continue. 

"Why did you ask Takemitchy and I to bring Baji back? Shouldn't you and Baji talk it out on the phone or face to face and find out why he quit? This is way too sudden you know?" I say reasonable.

"You're right, Nishi-chin. But I feel there's something more into this that Baji doesn't want anyone else to know. When he wants to tell me, I'll listen but right now I'm letting him do what he thinks is right." I nodded in understanding. We stayed silent until my apartment came into view and stopped.

"You're a good friend Mikey." I say to Mikey before leaving for the elevator in my apartment. 

The next day.