1.2

[Lies]

  I woke up in my bed and glanced over to Liang Wei's. Jun wasn't there. I knew I was dreaming! I got up and headed to the bathroom to wash my face, and then I walked my way over to the cafe. I guess another reason that I really liked the cafe was because it was called "周日的早晨" meaning "Sunday Morning". It always kind of reminds me of Seventeen when I walk through the doors. I took a whiff of the air as I entered and smelled the fresh baked goods, ready for me to eat. "Hi, Shancai!" I said to one of the workers, who also happened to be my roommate last year.

     "Hey, Xiaohua, getting the usual again?"

"Hmm, maybe not. Got anything new?" I said while leaning on the counter.

     "Matcha cake?"

"Perfect, and remember to make-"

     "Vanilla latte, got it."

"Wow. You know me well." I said in an approving tone.

     "Of course." She replied back, smiling.

     I walked to a booth and waited for the food while getting ready to play a song on the speakers. "Home by Seventeen. Add to Queue?" It's my comfort song. I blasted it on full volume, even though I knew that the manager was going to scold me, again. It's not like anyone there was anyway. My head started to dance to the tune, my feet tapping on the ground. "Here you go," Shancai said, giving me the cake and my latte. I said thanks, but she couldn't hear me since she had earbuds in.

     I was dancing along to a song when someone entered. "Hello~ Welcome to Sunday Morning, what can I get for you." Shancai said while I continued dancing. "VOLUME DOWN, NOW." The manager yelled. I flinched and made it a bit lower. I overheard some giggling from the customer. "Sorry!!" I yelled back while scratching the back of my head. Oops. I finally took a bite out of the cake since I had been only listening to music and occasionally taking a sip out of my latte. "I'd like, um, what do you request?," A familiar voice said, "I'm getting something for my girlfriend." I looked over to see who it was, and to my surprise, it was Jun. I choked on my latte while spitting some out. "Hua? You good?" Shancai asked from the counter. "Mhmm~ Just, uh, went through the wrong tube." I said, grabbing tissues and covering my face. "I'll have whatever she's having." Jun said, I guess he was pointing at me. "Okay." Shancai replied.

     I was listening to music while slowly taking bites out of the cake. I suddenly felt someone sitting across from me. I took a glance at the person in front of me while still hiding my face. "Hi, I'm, umm, Jin- Jinsong, Su Jinsong." Jun stuttered. Did he not know who I was? I mean, I guess he didn't want me to know his actual name. But, I was more surprised that he didn't recognize me. I was only wearing a mask and my hair was in a ponytail and I was wearing glasses, but besides that, nothing really changed. "Oh,, umm, I'm," should I tell him my name? Should I tell him that I was the same person from yesterday?, "I'm, um, Huang Meiling..?" I blurted out in confusion. "Are you asking me or telling me?" Jun said teasingly. Am I stupid? Didn't he hear Shancai say my name earlier? At the same time, it's not like she said my full name. I laughed nervously, fighting the urge to tell him the truth.

     "Xiao-"

"MHMMM?" I quickly made my way to the counter before Shancai could finish her sentence.

     "Huh? You didn't pay me."

"You see that guy? I told him my name was Meiling. Help mee." I whispered to her.

     "WHAT?!" Shancai yelled a bit loudly, so I covered her mouth.

"Just please tell everyone to call me Meiling from now on~"

     She flicked my head. "Do you like him or something? Why would you lie about that??"

"It's hard to explain. I'll tell you next time, you know, when he's not here."

     I paid Shancai and told Jun I had to go somewhere. But really, I was rushing home to change out of this act. What was I thinking?! I ran faster than light itself and hurriedly put some makeup on before Jun came back. "Pampering yourself up? For who?~" Liang Wei laughed. "Nothing, I just like putting on makeup." I said smoothly. "I see, but are you sure you don't have a date, senior?" I shook my head and quickly put some mascara on.

     Click~

     That was the door. I looked at it through my mirror to see Jun walking in with Shancai. Eh? Don't tell me Shancai told him. "Who's that?" Liang Wei asked in a suspicious tone. "Shancai!," I exclaimed, "She was my old roommate!" Without waiting for anyone's response, I signaled for her to walk out with me in the halls so that I could interrogate her.

     "You didn't tell him, right?"

"Of course not, do you think I'm that bad of a friend?"

     "Well no, but then why were you with him?"

"I got off work early, there was a problem with some of the machines so they closed the cafe. I decided to walk with him here."

     "Ohhh.. Now, how am I supposed to hide the fact that me and 'Meiling' are the same person???" I whimpered.

     Shancai patted my back as we walked to the vending machine from last night. Milk tea is the best way to cure stress. I finally told Shancai about how "Jinsong" was actually Jun. She said she could barely recognize him, probably because of his mask. I also told her about yesterday's incident and how I stressed all night. It felt like I slept for less than 5 minutes.

     Me and Shancai finally arrived back at the dorm. Jun and Liang Wei were gone, I guess they went out on a date or something. Worst part is, school started tomorrow. "Do you think they'll assign a project for the first day again?" I groaned while tossing another chip into my mouth. "Hopefully not, now that I have a job, it'll be harder to catch up with things." Shancai added. I nodded and scrolled through my phone. "SEVENTEEN🔴 Starting Live'' It was Seungkwan. Seventeen had a week break so that Jun and Minghao could visit their families, I guess they were having fun. (especially for the fact that Jun was able to see his girlfriend.) Seungkwan talked about something special happening soon and then Jeonghan made an appearance and they had lunch together. Sometimes I want to be an idol, but at the same time, I have no talent. I can't sing or dance or rap. I can't do anything. (besides covering my face up and pretending to be a girl named Meiling.)

a/n

hm. dk how i feel.

does this chapter seem shorter than the first one or is it just me ?

i'm inconsistent like that so be ready

also i heard if you press the vote button you get a free cookie~ 🍪 (pls vote)