4.5

[betrayal]

Crash~

"God, Xiaohua. You must be obsessed with me." I looked down to my shoes in embarrassment. Why do I keep bumping into him?

"We were just talking about you. You should join us." Minghao suggested, pulling my hand to the practice room. "But-"

The door opened, stood there like a fool. "I bumped into her on my way here." Minghao explained while patting the floor space next to him. I guess that's my sign to sit.

"How's Vernon?" I asked, peeking through the corner of my eye to see Jun on the other side of the room. "He's doing well. The doctors say he can be discharged tomorrow." Seungcheol replied. I gave a nod while maintaining a stare at Jun. Liang Wei was playing with his ring. The ring that I bought him. I can't believe he still wears it.

I think she whispered, "Where'd you get this?" to him. I don't know what he responded back. The others were trying to comfort Seungkwan who was feeling uneasy after what had happened to Vernon. Minghao was doing something on his phone.

"Hey, do you have some water?" I whispered to Minghao while picking a chunk of hair and twisting it. He gave a nod before standing up and searching the back of the room. Jun looked back at him, and then at me. He gave a confused face, in which I returned it. "You guys made up?" He questioned in a mumble. I nodded which made him move closer to me, Liang Wei followed behind him.

Minghao returned with a water bottle, sitting in the spot he was in before. Jun peeked at him every few seconds. How? How did this happen? They were always best friends, until I came along and ruined it. Everything is starting to go downhill.

"Wait, Xiaohua, weren't you the one who gave Vernon that protein snack? Did it have any peanuts?" Liang Wei questioned, bringing the attention of everyone. "I- I don't think so..." I stated unsurely. "What do you mean by 'I don't think so'?" Joshua said in a rather angry tone. "I have some at home, they never had peanuts." I kept a steady voice. He gave a suspicious look and then turned to the others. Oh please, don't tell me that I'm being suspected right now.

I checked my phone, 3:46. "I guess I should get going. Our manager wanted to see some of the pieces I was working on."

Still with a bit of suspicion on their faces, they nodded and led me out of the room. "Oh! I'll come too, since I've been fighting the urge to pee." Liang Wei laughed off before following me out of the room.

Little did I know. As soon as we were out of sight, Liang Wei had pushed me into a corner, one that I've never seen before.

"Xiaohua, Xiaohua, Xiaohua." She giggled at the sound of my name. "How similar is it to the word joke?"

I choked on my own spit. "Liang Wei? What's going on?"

"You're so clueless, Senior." She had a terrifying grin on her face. "Wanna know something?"

No, I really don't. "Liang Wei, I should really get going right now." I told her, attempting to break out of the corner she trapped me in.

"Nuh-uh-uh." She sang while waving her finger.

I'm sure that she's already noticed the fear on my face. "I know all about you, joke."

The word spun around my head, teasing me every time. "Don't believe me? Ask away."

Part of me, curious to what she knew. Other part of me, sensible. Don't let the curiosity get the best of you, Xiaohua.

"C'mon, Senior. I know you're dying to know." Hesitantly, I opened my mouth to say something. Stupid Xiaohua.

"What are you doing?" The biggest question in my head at the moment. She laughed to herself, pushing me back into the corner.

"Sweetie, that's for me to know and for you to find out." The grin on her face had widened.

"Li Xiaohua, I'm going to make your life a living hell."

And with that, she peacefully walked back to the practice room. What. Just. Happened...?

I walked through the halls, completely clueless on what had just happened. Cheng Liang Wei? Did you just reveal your true colors?

"Who revealed their true colors?" I heard someone say behind me, causing me to jump a bit. Did I say that out loud? How dumb can I get?

Thank god it was just Seonghee who was secretly trailing behind me. "Oh, uh, no one." I lied while she caught up to my pace. She showed me something in her hand. "Want one?" She was holding a yakult bottle. I nodded ecstatically.

I quickly clicked on the files that I needed to show our manager, he was coming in five minutes.

"FUCK!"

I hit my desk in frustration. Clicked and refreshed my page about three times, reseted my computer, and troubleshooted my documents. But still, nothing showed up. 3 weeks of planning those outfits, now all gone. All those pieces of clothing, all. Gone. Worst part is, the manager would be arriving any minute now.

"Ms. Li~!" The manager walked in ecstatically. "Let's see those clothes!" He walked up to my desk. This is going to be bad.

"What do you mean by 'they're gone'?" I swear, he was giving me some sort of death glare. Do you think he'll fire me because of this? Where did those files even go?!

"I was working on them yesterday, I swear they were just here. Someone must've-" It suddenly hit me. Cheng Liang Wei, if I find out that this is your doing...

The manager scoffed to himself. "Li Xiaohua. I've given you so many chances." I crossed my fingers, begging not to get fired. Who knows what that Liang Wei will do with me gone.

"I'll give you one more chance." He kept his tone calm, trying not to attract attention. "Tonight, you're going to get those pieces done. I want all of them finished and ready by tomorrow." My eyes widened. "By tomorrow?! Manager-nim, I don-" "I want it done by tomorrow, Li Xiaohua!" His tone raised. "Or else? I will not hesitate to fire you."

Still in shock, I turned back to my computer while the manager stormed out of the room. You're fucked, Li Xiaohua.

===

a/n

feeling... weird

i hope that no one expected this, because it was supposed to be a plot twist yk

jk i've been planning this since the start

butTTTt let's pray that our mc stays safe ;;

also i heard if you press the vote button you get a free ice cube 🧊 (had to change it to ice cubes due to budget cuts, pls still vote tho ;_;)