1.6

["I'll miss you."]

     I woke up naturally at around 5? School started at 8, so I had plenty of time to get ready. "Xiaohua~ Let me sleep more." Minghao said while holding me in a tight hug. Oh god, what happened last night?? Did I do anything bad? I had completely forgotten everything.

     I was finishing up my makeup and getting ready to go at about 6:30. "Where are you off to at such an early time?" I heard Jun say. I slowly turned around. A mental slap in the head. Did you forget that he was the one you were giving the gift to? "Umm, I'm going to.." I stuttered, thinking about a good excuse. Jun looked at me, waiting for an answer. He was also dressed up as if he were going somewhere, so I asked him the same thing.

     "I'm meeting up with a friend."

"At such an early time?"

     "I'll be with Liang Wei for the rest of the day, and I wasn't the one who chose the time."

     I scoffed. "Well, I'm going somewhere you don't need to know." I told him and then ran out of the dorm. I wondered if Minghao heard that. He might get mad again. I rushed to my locker and grabbed the bag that Jun's gifts were in. And then I walked the long way to the cafe. No need for him seeing me walking there.

     I tied my hair up in a ponytail while waiting for him. I tried to relax, but I couldn't help but worry. Not about Jun, but about Minghao. If I did something bad last night, what would he think if he saw me with Jun? Wouldn't he get upset again??? And then he'd leave on bad terms with me. Everything would be ruined.

     I came back to reality when I heard the door ring. Jun came running in with a box. He scanned the area until his eyes finally landed on me, Huang Meiling.

     "Hii!!! You don't understand how excited I was last night." Jun said with a smile that I could see through his mask. I smiled back and looked at the box. It was quite big, what could he have gotten me? "I was excited too." I said while handing him the bag I was holding. "Shall we order drinks first?" I said brightly. Jun nodded and ordered himself an iced americano and me, a latte. "Wow, Jinsong, you know me pretty well." I said, amazed that he automatically knew that I wanted a latte. "Obviously. Aren't we best friends?" He said teasingly. Our drinks soon arrived, and then we started opening the gifts. "Open mine first." I said while smiling excitedly. I wonder if he'll like it. He took the bag and put his hand in, grabbing something random. He pulled out the pen. "Hm? Why a pen?" He said, looking kind of disappointed. "So that if you need it, you can have it around and when you see it, it'll remind you of me, your best friend Meiling." I replied. He smiled and put his hand in the bag again. He pulled out the hoodie. "WOWWWW~~" He said more enthusiastically this time. I didn't even have a cheesy reason for me to buy it. "I should wear it right now." He said while taking his other sweatshirt and putting mine on. "It looks great on you! Obviously because I chose it~" I laughed. There was now only one more thing left. The ring. I mean, it's not like I was proposing or anything, but I was still nervous. He pulled the box out and carefully opened it. "Meiling, how much did you spend on this??" He looked at me concerned. Why? Did it look cheap?? "Around 1000 yuan- Does it look cheap?" I said while scratching my nape. "Of course not! But why would you spend so much on me?" He said while admiring the ring. "Well, it may be the last time we see each other-" "Aww, you'll miss me?" He teased while pouting. I laughed and nodded. "Of course! Why wouldn't I?" I punched him lightly. The ring was pretty simple; it had diamonds embedded on the outside and there was a butterfly cut out in the middle. He put the ring on and smiled. "I'll wear this forever." He said happily.

     "My turnnn!" I grabbed the box and opened it. Just like Jun, I grabbed one item at a time. First, I pulled out a notebook. "Why a notebook?" I said, copying him. "Because you like to zone out. It's better to write out what you're thinking in my opinion." I cupped my face in awe. Was it that noticeable? "Hmm, feels like clothes." I said as I pulled out a hoodie as well. "Wow~~" It was a white hoodie but it didn't have any sleeves. Wait. Jun wears these all the time. Do you think he wore it in one of the dance practices? I was stunned. "What, do you like it?" Jun asked. I nodded ecstatically, making him smile. His head was resting on his arm as he watched me open the gifts. I feel flustered.