3.4

[I want your attention.]

      I woke up on the bus, it seemed like we still hadn't arrived yet. I checked my phone for the time, 9:16. Seonghee was awake, watching something on her phone. "Sir, I have to pee!" Liang Wei yelled, waking up some others. "Me too!" Seonghee yelled back. "Alright, I'll make a stop soon."

     We stopped at a gas station where a few of us went in. I scanned the area, looking to buy more snacks. That's when he pulled me aside.

     "Why did you call me?" He questioned in an unfamiliar tone.

"Huh?" What was he talking about?

     " 'You! You ruined my life!' "

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

     He then scoffed to himself, "Stop drinking, it's making you go crazy."

     "You! You ruined my life!" Oh, that dumb call. I slapped my head while picking up a can of milk tea. "How can I be so dumb?" I told myself. "Who's dumb?" I flinched, realizing that Jun had been following me. Stop talking, Xiaohua. You're making yourself look like a fool. I scoffed while attempting to walk away from him, and of course, he followed.

     I bought some instant ramen to cook at the hotel, along with some other snacks. Let's save money and not buy a bag. It's not like I bought that much stuff anyway. I attempted to open the door with my full hands, but failed.

     Slam!

     Right on my pinky. I dropped all my belongings when Jun rushed up to me. "Xiaohua! Are you okay?!" He yelled, loud enough for the rest to hear. "What happened?" Seonghee worried while grabbing something cold for my reddened finger. "God, I slammed my finger in the door." I slapped my head while picking up the fallen items. "Let me help," Jun offered. My hand reached out for the milk tea, when his hand reached it too. Don't tell me your heart is fluttering, Xiaohua. All you're doing is proving that Minghao is right.

     I quickly removed my hand and stood up. "Let's go," I said while opening the door and leaving him there.

——

     About an hour later, we arrived at the hotel. "Seonghee, Liang Wei, let's be roommates!" I yelled. Liang Wei's eyes averted away from me, Seonghee frowned.

"I'm going with Dino and Vernon."

"I'm with Mingyu and Seungcheol."

     I sighed. Such betrayers. Now, I have nobody. Guess I'll just stay in a room by myself.

     As I walked through the halls, the idea of staying there alone began to appeal to me. There'd be no one to annoy me, nag at me, yell at me. I happily skipped to the hotel room.

     In front of the door, Jeonghan and Joshua. "Huh? Are you guys my roommates?" I asked while running toward my door, a bit disappointed. "Is this your room too?" I heard another yell from across the hall. It was Jun. It's always Jun. "I guess so." Joshua replied while unlocking the door.

     "Waa~ Shancai, look at this hotel room!" I bragged. "You're rubbing it in, Xiaohua!" I laughed at her response. Shancai scoffed while threatening to end the call. "Okay, okay. I need to end the call anyway. The others are practicing." Shancai whined. "Why can't you just show me a little bit of the dance?" She's been begging me ever since I heard their song for the first time. "I'm doing you a favor, Dong Shancai. It's better to keep it a surprise." And before she could whine again, I ended the call.

     "Xiaohua, sit here." Joshua said while pointing at a chair in front of the mirror. I willingly sat down, unaware of what he was going to do. "Let's fix this, shall we?" He began trimming the edges of my hair, adding layers to it. "Wait! I liked it messy!" I complained while shifting in my seat. "Don't move! You'll ruin it~" I whined in my chair. The messiness is what made it special!!!

     "Woah, Xiaohua, you look like a completely different person now." Joshua wowed at his work. "I did good." 

     I scoffed at that while fixing a few strands in the mirror. "I guess." He laughed sarcastically, "That's your reaction? I gave you a complete makeover!" He began playing a song and dancing to it. That's right, I did get a makeover. Why can't you be more appreciative, Xiaohua?

     "Xiaohua, your hair!" Jun said while walking into the room with dinner, even though it was already 10. "Hey, I was the one who fixed it." Joshua hissed from the counter. Jeonghan laughed while placing the food on the counter. "Let's eat!"

     I dug into the noodles and sighed in relief. "You have such a big appetite." Jeonghan said from the other side of the table. "It's cute." Jun added while patting my head. It's cute!??!?! God, Jun, you're killing me.

     knock knock

     I opened the door to see the others. "Oh, come in!" I welcomed them. He passed by me, again, not even giving a glance. I'm starting to get annoyed.

     I sat on the edge of the couch, blasting music in my ears while the others danced, or talked, or did whatever they were doing. All I knew was that I was hiding myself in the sidelines again, completely excluding myself from the group.

     "You okay, Xiaohua?" Jun asked while tapping on my shoulder. I looked back, nodding. "You should sing with us, you've been sitting there for a while." He's right, I haven't been doing much. I scooched closer to the middle while listening to Seungkwan singing Yes or Yes. This is fun.

=====

a/n 

DISCLAIMER:

i forgot to mention that in no way am i a makeup artist nor do i have any experience. 

therefore, if i get any information wrong, please lmk !!! 

don't hate on minghao btw, he did nothing wrong ;;

also i heard if you press the vote button you get a free cookie~ 🍪 (pls vote)