happy birthday.

The Encanto night was filled with colourful lights and boisterous laughter. The villagers of Encanto made their way to the Casa Madrigal. Coming over to have a yearly party with the Madrigal Kids. Specifically, their birthday party. Everyone was excited. Another year, another special day.

The triplets had finally turned 30. Julieta and Pepa had already found a husband of their own. They even had their own kid. Two little girls. Isabella and Dolores are their names. Bruno on the other hand is still together with [Name]. As boyfriends. Whatever their future lays before them, they won't be ready for it.

Speaking of futures, Bruno lately hasn't been so contented. Well not with [Name], but everyone else. Ever since he told a little girl about her future -- which of her fish dying the very next day, he hasn't been getting any good visions for any townsfolk. There were only so very few occasions that it would happen but it didn't make Bruno feel better. He'd always look so down and [Name] would notice it. The people in the village would start to belittle Bruno and it pisses the fuck out of [Name]. Every negative comment about the future vision holder made was instantly shut down by him. Telling off the person who made the comments and saying to never talk shit about his lover. He threatens the person but Bruno would try to prevent any fights from happening. Thank god for Bruno being with him or the guy would've been plummeted to the ground.

Right after all of that, [Name], being the best boyfriend, would always try to cheer up the male. Comforting him. Making jokes here and there. Guiding him back to their secret place. Or just be there for him. Cuddling him close to him. No talking, no sound. Just the sweet comfortable silence with them close together. That was just good enough for Bruno to feel so much better. Knowing that the only person he needs is with him.

[Name] had taken a note on how Bruno would have a mini panic every time he was not with him. So, he created something a system to let each other know that they are still alive and well, even from far away. Whistling. A simple two notes. Do, Mi -- one would start. The other reply with a Mi, Do. Bruno loved it. The whistling happened quite often and it became a normal routine with the villagers. If there is any whistling sound, they know exactly what's happening.

Back to the present, [Name] stood right beside Bruno. Watching the guests welcoming themselves into the Casa Madrigal. He had his arm around Bruno's waist, gently caressing his side to calm him down from the overwhelming pressure. Bruno leaned against the male for comfort and immediately felt at ease. He smiled softly. "Hey," [Name] whispered. Bruno looked up at him. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. You're with me so... I feel great," The taller male hummed in response. "You'd probably thinking 'I can't for this to be over so I can cuddle with Mi Amor,'," He imitates Bruno's voice and chuckled. The other laughed along with him and nodded. "You know me too well, Amor. Oh, your Spanish pronunciation is getting better," Bruno mentioned. [Name] chuckled and shrugged. "I'm no Colombian but that doesn't stop me from learning and practising," He said proudly. "Well, anyways. Can't wait to leave this party-"

"Gather around, everyone! Gather around!" One of the townsfolk shouted, catching the attention of everyone. They all gathered in the centre, where a big birthday cake was settled in the middle. Julieta and Pepa stood next to it. [Name] bumped Bruno with his hip and gestured him to go with his sisters. Bruno hesitantly nodded and smiled at him. Making his way to the other triplets. The other male watched him go and went to stand with the husbands of the Madrigals.

The main event began. Alma made a simple speech about her children. Making notes on their happiness and such. In the end, everyone sang the Birthday song. After all that, the triplets thought about their wishes and blew out the birthday candles. Everyone cheered. "Let's go!! My favourite PB & J triplets!!" Bruno looked at [Name] with the most joyful look on his face and ran towards him. The carpenter had his arms wide open, welcoming his lover's big hug. Both of them laughed, tightly hugging each other. "Let's go to your room," The shorter male nodded and was dragged off the big crowd, giggling away without anyone noticing.

The couple sat on the bottom sandy floor in Bruno's room, facing each other. There was a cube-like shape object being covered with a thick cloth. "So uhm. What's that?" Bruno pointed to the mysterious object beside [Name]. He smiled widely, feeling very excited. "You'll see. But first off, I have a few words to say," He paused and cleared his throat. He took both Bruno's hands and gently squeezed them. "Bruno Madrigal. Mi Vida, Mi Amor. My little Butter-fly. Or should I say Mi Mariposa," he cooed, showing off his Spanish speaking. Making the other chuckle with a little blush forming on his cheeks. "Happy 30th Birthday, darling. I love you so much. You deserve so much love. You're the most precious man I've ever met and I'm never ever gonna let you go, or leave you,"

The carpenter let go of Bruno's hands and reached for the object beside him. "I've noticed your growing love for theatre and your love for acting. And you wouldn't shut up about it. Which I don't mind. I love to hear the way you express your love about it with such excitement. Seeing you always dress up your pet rats for theatre drama is honestly the cutest thing I've ever seen. So... I spent my days to make you this," He pulled off the thick cloth, revealing a medium-sized beautifully painted theatre stage. Bruno gasped as his eyes widened. "You made this [Name]? With your bare hands?" He was still mesmerized while scanning through each part and angle of the mini stage. [Name] nodded happily. "[Name]... I love this so much...! Thank you! Thank you so much, Vida!" Bruno thanked as he jumped into his lover's body. Hugging him so tightly. [Name] patted his back. "You're welcome, darling. I know that you really like this and I want to do something related to it for a birthday gift,"

"Oh, Amor. You're so thoughtful. You always amazed me," The future vision holder smiled as he pulled away from the hug. Straddling himself on [Name]'s lap. Wrapping his arms around his neck. Their lips met, leading into a passionate kiss. [Name] rested his hands on Bruno's waist as they continued kissing. They both pulled away and looked into each other eyes dearly, slightly panting for air.

"That's not all, Bruno,"

"That's not all?"

"Yeah, I have one more present to give you,"

"Oh?" [Name] hummed in response, along with a short nod. "Mind switching over to Hernando for a while?" Bruno nodded in agreement and complied, pulling his hood over. Covering his field of view. "Alright, Hernando. Don't spoil this to Bruno," he joked as he gently pushed Hernando off of him. He reached into the mini theatre stage. Between the curtains. He took out a small black box.

Taking a deep breath, he muttered under his breath. "I can do this. I can do this,"

"Alright. Bruno, if you're in there somewhere. Hear me out. Bruno Madrigal. We've been together for years and I think it's time to move on to the next stage. Hernando, will you please?" The shorter male nodded as he pushed back his hood. Bruno began fidgeting, looking at [Name] intensely. "Bruno. I know life for you has been hard recently and I want to be with you through it all. Help you. Comfort you. Thinking about it, now probably isn't the right time to do this but I just couldn't wait," [Name] face the small box towards Bruno and carefully opened it. Revealing a handmade thin wooden ring with an engraving of [Name]'s initial. Bruno gasped and covered his mouth with his hands. Feeling so ecstatic.

"I know it looks weird. I mean it's wood. But I tried to polish it up to make it look better. B-but anyway. I can't promise that life will be heavenly all the time. There will be times when life will be hell but I promise we'll go through it together, always. Will you marry me?" He finally said it. He proposed to Bruno. He felt his heart beating rapidly in his chest. The growing suspense was affecting him. Bruno took a while to collect himself and wiped away those salty tears rolling down his cheeks. "[Name]... I will! I will marry you!"

Tears welled up in [Name]'s eyes, his lips trembling into a smile. "I'm so glad... I'm so, so glad..." He sobbed. "Come. Lend me your hand," Bruno stretched out his hand towards his lover. The [h/c] head gently grabbed ahold of it and took out the ring from the box, slipping it around Bruno's ring finger. The black-haired tackled his lover into a tight hug, snuggling his face into his neck. [Name] chuckled and hugged back. "Sorry, Bruno. I can't afford a proper ring so I just-"

"It's alright! I love it. It's good enough for me. And also, [Name]. I too promise that whatever bad things you go through, I'll be there with you. Always," The tightness on [Name]'s face relaxed as he smiled in relief at Bruno's last words. He hugged him tightly. "...Happy birthday, Bruno. I love you,"

"I love you too, [Nickname],"