promised.

Today was Mirabel's special day. The day she gets her gift and her very own door. It was the mid-afternoon, everyone had been awoken up since morning to prepare for the gift ceremony. Isabella decorated the house with her flowers. Pepa trying to keep the weather clear. Julieta cooked healing food for the party. Luisa repositioning the piano to get a bigger space. [Name] and Bruno kept the girl of honour distracted. The rest just helped around the house.

They went on until the sunset. The villagers had gotten ready to visit the Casa Madrigal for Mirabel's gift ceremony. Making their way through the pathway. With candlelit lanterns hanging and sitting on the side. Everyone seem to be very excited. Meanwhile, with the Madrigals, they greeted the guests into Casita. However, [Name] was alone with Mirabel hyping her up for her gift. After him, it was Abuela Alma's turn to talk with her.

A few minutes into the night, the ceremony had started. [Name] and Bruno stood on the second level. Away from the crowd's view so they wouldn't feel threatened. The rest of the family, however, did the opposite. Mirabel's parents and Abuela stood by her door. Mirabel walked along the red tiles pathway, making her way to her soon-to-be door and getting her gift. Reaching to the top of the stairs, the young girl grinned at Abuela Alma wholeheartedly. The older woman leaned down a little with the magical candle in hand. Mirabel gently held it and took the oath. With a little nod, she went up to the sparkling door and grabbed onto the doorknob.

A wave of gasps filled the air. The magical door slowly fades away from Mirabel's grasp. Her face switches from an exciting look to a solemn one. She turned to look at her Abuela, expressing a confused and scared expression as she fiddled with her fingers. Abuela Alma was in shock. The burning fire from the candle flickered, weakening. She hurriedly turned around and went to where [Name] and Bruno was standing. Julieta and Agustin quickly hugged their daughter, who began to let out a light sob. The sisters came running up the stairs to comfort their younger sister. While murmurs and chatters arose from the crowd.

"Bruno. I need to talk to you," Abuela Alma asked worriedly. Before Bruno would even speak up, [Name] squeezed his hand tightly. Looking at the shorter male with a slightly distressed look and shook his head. Not trusting whatever their mother has to say. Bruno gently patted the taller male's hand as comfort and mouthed 'I'll be fine' with a smile. "Just- Just come back to me as soon as possible, alright?"

"Let's talk somewhere else," she continued as Bruno nodded. Following her somewhere quiet. [Name] watched them leave from his sight and looked back at Mirabel. Walking towards Julieta's side of the family. "Julieta-"

"T-Tio... Tio [Name]!!" Mirabel cried out, running and hugging her uncle's leg. The [h/c]-nette frowns at the sight and picked her up. Mirabel now crying into his shoulder, hugging his neck tightly. "Ay, Mirabel. Sh... It's alright, It's okay," he calmed her down in a hushed tone. Gently caressing her back. "[Name]..." the healer called out in a soft tone. "Will you please comfort her? You're the only one she finds comfort with..." she begged. "Alright, don't worry. I'll bring her back to the nursery and talk to her alright?". With that, he carried the youngest to said location.

Whispering comforting words to Mirabel, caressing her back. Mirabel slowly fell asleep crying in her uncle's arms, who sat on the said female's bed. He carefully repositioned himself and lay her on the soft mattress. Bent down and wiped her tear-stained face. Giving a little peck on the forehead, he went out of the room for Mirabel to sleep peacefully tonight.

[Name] felt bad for her. It was the first time seeing this happen to a Madrigal. Now that Mirabel was deemed to have no gift, he could see in the future that she'll be an outcast. An outcast only in her family. Whatever future awaits for the girl, he'll be there for her.

The [Name]-nette leaned against the wooden railing, arms resting on it. Looking around. Everything was dark. The guests had gone home. The place had already been cleaned up. [Name] assumed everyone had gone to their respective rooms to sleep the night away. He sighs and let out a whistle.