changed.

Bruno leaned his back against the wall. Clenching a fistful of his ruana. "Is that how he feels? God, I've been so focused on protecting Mirabel that I forgot about him- I'm such a bad husband!" he muttered under his breath. Tears slowly prickled the corner of his eyes. Mumbling short apologies to the [h/c] head.

That was the first time since long ago [Name] had let out a cry. The others were surprised by his sudden supposedly non-existent emotions. Including the time he lashed out at Pepa the day of Mirabel's gift ceremony. Or Bruno's disappearance. He had never cried, shouted in deep anger. At all. Let alone a single sadness or anger from him. Everything was just so enthusiastic. This new side of [Name] has deeply affected the family. In some way. Especially for Julieta, who really cares for him.

Being physically exhausted from the sudden breakout, [Name] laid his head on the table. His crossed arms act as a pillow. Looking at his wedding picture, his mind began to wander. Reminiscing the little memories he made with Bruno. A small unenthusiastic frown formed on his lips. It's not that those were bad memories. It was the good ones. The core memories a matter of fact. What saddens him was that he misses those feelings he felt when he was with Bruno. Those giddy, mushy feelings some people called it. Happiness, euphoria. Things he never felt since he was a child. Genuine love and care from someone. [Name] just craved for that. Now, he doesn't know what to feel. Everything's a mess.

The oldest Madrigal triplet called out to him. He looked up to see her bring a plate of an Arepa. He sat up straight, watching her every move. "Here, eat up," she said to which the male thanked and complied with her request. Upon eating the food, the burn wounds heal up in a second. He thanked her once again, earning a smile from the female. The moment was quiet. Pepa had brought Dolores to her room. Now it was just the two of them.

Just as they thought the night was bad, it got worse when Abuela Alma came storming in, shouting into [Name]'s face. "[Name] Madrigal! Who do you think you are!? Causing so much damage to the Encanto! You scared the living soul out of them!" [Name] only stood silent. He was too exhausted to speak up-- or do anything. His whole energy was drained from the break out earlier on. However, Julieta tried to defend him. But was quickly silenced by her mother. She can't help but kept her mouth shut. The more Abuela Alma shouted at him, the more pent up he became. Another argument broke out. She brought up bad moments from the past. Things [Name] never wanted to hear again. Then Bruno's name was mentioned. That just triggered the male. She was once again blaming Bruno and him for all of the disasters that happened. [Name] was getting sick of it. When the male was about to leave, taking his things with him, things became very, very serious. Abuela Alma mentioned his parents out of nowhere. Now that really ticked him off. How did she even know about his parents? Words were exchanged. Hurtful words mostly from Abuela towards [Name].

"Keep your fucking eyes open, Alma Madrigal. From now on, I'm no longer a Madrigal," That was what last said by [Name] before he left. To never be seen or heard again for the next ten years.

That night [Name] changed.