visit.

Turns out Maya was the one standing outside the older woman's home. "You're pretty energetic for a... 36-year-old?" [Name] chuckled at her pumped-up behaviour. "38, actually," Gabriela corrected him as she walked up behind him. "Wow, I'm getting so old to remember," [Name] commented. Both of the older adults laughed light-heartedly. "Uh.., Maya?" [Name] worriedly called out, slowly reaching out to her. Maya stood still, looking at him with sparkles in her eyes. She didn't say anything and gave him a quick tight hug.

Time skipped to sometime later, everyone was in the living room. Gabriela explained the situation to the black haired while the said female was clinging tight around [Name]'s arms. "I'm so glad that you came back, [Name]," she muttered, looking up at him. "Are you gonna stay here?"

"...No promises," the male answered with a small smile, patting her head. She only pouts. The older adults laughed and the day continued in Gabriela's comfy home.

Nights fall as everyone got ready for Antonio's gift ceremony. They walked down the main path to the Casa Madrigal. Lanterns in hand. Children were playing with fireworks. Meanwhile, the trio, they were still getting ready. Maya sat in the living room while [Name] was looking into the mirror, having second thoughts. He sighed softly, tugging on his short-sleeve button-down. He realised how ugly the scars look on his arms. It seems disgusting to him.

Then a couple of knocks emitted from the door. The door opened slightly ajar, his friend's head peeping in. "[Name]? You ready?" Gabriela asked. He looked over and nodded. ".. Yeah, I'm ready," She smiled and entered the room. "Here's your ruana," He raised both of his brows, seemingly impressed. "It's already dried up? That's fast. How did you do it?"

"I have my secret," she giggled. Both of them went out and walked out toward their destination.

The walk was uncomfortable. Everyone was staring at him in shock. Whispering amongst each other. Some noticed his presence but avoided them. Pretending everything was fine and acting excited about the ceremony they were looking forward to. This irked the [h/c] head. He clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. Gabriela tugged on his ruana. "You doing alright?" he took and deep breath and out before humming in response. "I'm alright. Don't worry," he grinned. "Okay. Don't forget to be yourself,"

They arrived at the entrance of Casa Madrigal. Camilo was seen shapeshifting into the townsfolks he was greeting. Luisa manhandled donkeys into the closed fence nearby. It brought a smile to [Name]'s face. It's been so long since he had seen his nieces and nephews. All grown up. At that moment he had a flash of regret about not being able to see them grow up. He shook that thought away immediately-- thinking that it was too late and he had to accept it.

"Tio... [Name]?" a female voices out. The male blinked several times and saw one of his nieces standing in front of him. It was Luisa. She had her eyes wide, tears forming a little. Her voice was cracked. "Hi Luisa," he said with a grin on his face, giving a little wave to her. "Tio [Name]! Oh my god--" she exclaimed, giving him a bone-crushing hug. [Name] was squeezed like a toy. His lungs were unable to take in the oxygen due to Lusia's inhumane strength. He gave her a couple of pats on the back to signal her. Once she got it, she hastily let go of him. "Oh! I'm sorry, tio! I'm just.. like, wow!" He laughed. "It's alright Luisa! How about you calm down for a second and we'll talk again after you're done helping the villagers?" She hummed excitedly and went back to whatever she was previously doing. [Name] turned back to face his friends but they weren't there. Assuming that they were inside he entered. As he entered, he saw Camilo noticing him. The man cracked a small smile at him, only to be ignored coldly and continue greeting the villagers. [Name] frowned at it a little, but he expected it. He decided to ignore him and sneakily made his way to the kitchen.

The kitchen was fortunately empty -- for him. He can finally get what he desperately needs in his body system. Glass clanks were the only sound that could be heard. [Name] rummaging through the refrigerator. Searching through the high cabinets. He huffed in annoyance. He couldn't find any. Why have a party when the booze isn't here? He thought. Then he felt something slap him by the ankle. He yelped and looked down. It was casita hitting him with the floor tiles. "Woah! Hey, casita. My favourite madrigal," he laughed. Casita responded with tiles in front of him bouncing with excitement. "It's been long, isn't it?" he said in a soft-toned voice. The tiles dance around again. Seemingly urging him to follow it. "What?" he raised a brow. Then Casita just slid him towards the dining table area. "Okay! Okay! Slow down. I'm a fragile old man," he chuckled, balancing his weight. Casita dropped him off right by the family wall. "Uhm... I don't get it?" The tiles bounced once again but this time with an exasperated tone and stopped replying to him.

"What's wrong with the wall?" he questioned before observing the said wall. His body relaxed, face softened. He let out a silent sigh and graced his fingers on Bruno's picture. "Right. He's fading out here while the others are full of colours!" he sarcastically exclaimed.

Meanwhile, someone from the other side of the wall had his hand covering his mouth. Hugging himself in comfort, leaning against the same wall and trying not to break down.

Before [Name] stood by the wall, Bruno heard his lover from afar. His soft-spoken deep voice. His laugh. His husband's sweet laugh. Hearing it only made him shiver. The universe doesn't know how glad he was to know that [Name] was still alive and well. Despite the stories that Dolores told him. He was still so very glad to see him and to hear him.

The [h/c] head continued to quietly analyse it until a familiar whistle tone could be heard behind him. A simple two-tone whistle that he used to do. Something inside him lit. His heart beat fast. He snapped his head behind, hoping to see the person he thought of. To his disappointment, it was Pepa. The big smile he had turned into a frown in a swift move.

"Hm. Pepa," he says her name with a hint of disappointment. "...[Name]. Camilo told me you were here," He only hummed and walked over back to the kitchen. Pepa watched him with a dejected look and followed him. "[Name]... You came back. We all missed you,"

"'Missed' me? Funny. I didn't know you can joke, Pepa." he kept his blank look as he grabbed a cup from the upper cabinet. Holding it under the sink faucet and ran the water, filling it up. His back facing her. "I really do miss you a-and I'm really so-"

"Oh, what? You're sorry? Okay. Noted." he shut her off. "[Name]! I'm really trying my best here! Please hear me out,"

"Right. Right. When I tried my best to apologize to you, you don't even care." he turned off the faucet and spun around, looking at her with a smile. Water-filled cup in hand and he took a sip.

It was weird. Seeing Pepa still be calm. There weren't any clouds forming above her. However, her face held a sad look. [Name] only continued drinking. Once he finished, he washed it and walked away. But then, he felt slender arms wrapped around his waist. He looked down to see Pepa hugging him tightly. "What the hell are you doing? Get off me!" He tried to push her away. She stayed silent and began hugging him tighter. "Pepa, get off of me. I'm serious-"

"[Name], I'm so glad you came back. I missed you. I missed my friend, my brother-in-law,"

"How are you missing me when you're the one who wants me to leave? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you tell me the Madrigals were living so much better when I'm not here?" He finally gets her to stop leeching onto him after a few attempts of pushing. Pepa was speechless. He wasn't wrong and she knew it. "Listen. Pepa. I don't want to make you sad or whatever. It's your son's gift ceremony and let's not ruin it, hm? I'll see you around," With that, he left the room.