for us, for bruno.

[Name]'s parents had died the day of Mirabel's ceremony, Bruno's disappearance. After he'd searched for his beloved husband everywhere, to no avail, he went back to his hometown to seek comfort. Knowing he won't find any with the Madrigals. He went to see his parents. Only to receive the worst news he could ever hear.

Everything is going wrong for him. Why is everything going wrong for him? He had just gotten the bond back with his parents a few years back. He thought everything was going well. At least with his side of the family. But things happened. Everyone blamed him for his parents' death. The reason being him wasn't being there to take care of his parents. Honestly, [Name] does blame himself for that. But some pitied him, sympathise with him. With even most people hating on him in his hometown, he had nowhere to go. The only place that he had in mind was Paradise.

And that's where he was. Drinking away. Dunking and chugging down the alcoholic drink as if the world doesn't matter to him. He became an addict. It was disturbing to see, from Dolores's perspective. All he does was drown his problems, and thoughts away with those harmful beverages. After all that, he can sleep-- not peacefully. As long as he gets the rest he needed. That was [Name]'s mindset.

Dolores knows he was in Paradise. Due to her super hearing, she often hears whistles. The same one that [Name] and Bruno used to communicate with each other. However, the tone was lower, weak and shaky. He was still mourning over his husband. She walked into the forest, straight towards Paradise. Seeing him there, crying his eyes out into his forearms. The sight hurt her. Since then, she comes often to give him proper clothes, and food. That's how he survived throughout the years. He spent his entire ten years in the forest dazing out of his mind. Watching and admiring nature. Sometimes talking to his niece to keep his sanity. At least someone bothered to search and look out for him. He was grateful.

Back to [Name]'s addiction. It worried the super hearing Madrigal. Talking him out of it doesn't work. What more can she do? He's so stubborn when it comes to that booze. Finally, she had enough and came to talk to someone. Asking for help.

[Name] took the last sip of his final bottle. Putting aside, with the rest of the empty glass bottles. He let out a burp and tried to reach for another bottle. There wasn't any more and it made him frustrated. He wasn't tipsy enough for him to forcibly sleep. He grunted, grabbing an empty bottle and smashing it on the ground in anger. Tiny glass pieces shattered, making a huge mess around him. He then aggressively snatched a big piece of glass, pointing it to his neck. The temptation was there. He wanted to do it. But he just can't. And he doesn't know why.

Blood seeped out from [Name]'s palm due to the tightness he has around the sharp glass. He threw the fragile object to the side and look at his hand. Countless thoughts came raiding his mind. "I deserve this," he muttered. A moment of silence took over, leaning against the tree he sat by. Then a faint gasp could be heard from afar. "[Name]..?" a female voice sounded. It sounded oddly familiar to the [h/c] head. Then another female voice called out, but the voice sounded younger than the first. "Mister [Name]!"

"Mister? That's...- Maya?" he looked towards the two voices. His eyes widened. "Gabriela? Maya?! How did you-"

"[Name]! God, you're still alive!" Gabriela cried out, tackling the male in a hug. Maya doing the same. [Name] had a nervous smile on his face while he tried to push away the empty glass alcohol bottle behind the tree. "Careful there's broken glass on the ground. How did you find me here?" Both of the girls didn't say anything. Dolores came into view from where they ran from. "Dolores?"

"I-I'm sorry, tio [Name]. I can't stand with you and your drinking. You need help, tio," [Name]'s lips were pushed into a straight line. Looking at the two hugging him.

Maya, the girl he took care of when her parents were busy. Often seeing her on a bench nearby his house, sad looking. One day, [Name] decided to play with her and took her to Paradise. Maya had grown attached to him and they started hanging out since then. With, of course, his future husband back then. Because of her, [Name] began taking care of the kids in Encanto. Bringing them to Paradise. Despite being a carpenter, he never really gets a lot of requests so why not spend time with the children there?

Gabriel, the very same woman who had eyes for Bruno back then. Where he met her out of jealousy. But weeks after they became friends. If her ex-crush is taken, then she'll try to be friends with him, including the [h/c] head. They hung out from time to time. It was great.

But of course, ever since the couple's downfall, they've grown distant. They lost contact. However, the two woman watches him from afar. Pitying him

The hug seemed to tighten, only for him to hug them close. There are still good people in this world. Thinking of that just makes the [h/c] head cry. After a while, the two broke the hug and look at him worryingly. "God, [Name]. Look at you. You're a wreck! And you've been drinking? That's... That's not you, [Name]..,"

Hearing those words made [Name]'s heartthrob. He doesn't know what to say or do. It's so confusing for him. He doesn't know who he is anymore. "No... This is me, Gab. I-I... never changed. I am a hot-headed person. Have bad anger issues. And look, I've got a new trait," he jokingly said, pointing to the empty glass bottles behind the tree. "That's something not to be proud of, [Name]," she frowned, crossing her arms. "Sorry. Okay, listen. I'm not who you think I am. I'm not your daily happy-go-lucky carpenter. The one who's kind and caring. Looking out for the people of Encanto. That's not me," he stood up while explaining. Holding out both of his hands for the girls to grab onto-- which they did. Pulling them up so they could stand. Pushing them away from the shards of glass scattered all over the ground. "Look at me. Do I look like someone who does that?"

Both of them scanned [Name]'s features from top to bottom. His hair has grown longer. More visible beard. Heavy eye bags. There were a lot and they mean a lot of scars on his arms. Whatever happened to him, it was not pretty. "[Name], looks do not judge who you really are okay? And I know you're a good guy! I've seen you. Maya would agree with me. Even Bruno knows that you're a good guy,"

"Let's... not talk about him, Gabriela," he said so sternly. "Every time someone mentions him, my mind just goes feral. Yet... I want to talk about him," Gabriela pursed her lips. Maya just watched them in silence. Then, an idea came into her head. Aggressively grabbing both of [Name]'s rough hands, pulling him closer and looking straight dead into his eyes. "Mister [Name]. Antonio's turning five tomorrow and you know what that means,"

"Yeah...? He's gonna get his gift tomor-"

"Yes! And you as his tio, should go and visit him!" [Name] held an unsure look on his face and shook his head. "I can't. I'm not a Madrigal anymore. I literally told Abuela Alma straight into her face that I'm no longer part of the family anymore before I left,"

"Who cares what that old hag thinks? [Name] family or not, you were part of that perfect family. Plus, don't you want to see your favourite little sobrina?" [Name] frowned a little, looking at everyone. Thinking deeply about it. "N-no. No. I don't want to go back to that hell hole, Maya. Being there just makes me wanna-!"

"Please! [Name], please. We want you to get better. We don't like seeing you here, drinking like there's no tomorrow. Please do this for us. For Bruno?"