Chapter 13

Junpei's dead morphed corpse lay sprawled out on the ground floor, blood pooled around him from the fall. From above, the school looked like swift cheese, yet surprisingly still stood upright. Mahito is currently running for his life, an arm missing, and his back is bleeding out.

Despite his injuries, his body forcefully moved out of the way from another slash. His eyes widened in horror as the slash destroyed a whole room beside him. He made the mistake of glancing behind him, taking notice of Sukuna who is hot on his trail. He quickly tried to gain further distance from Sukuna, hoping to lose him somehow.

It was like an old horror show, where the killer slowly follows after the slow-running victim. Even if Mahito lost sight of Sukuna, he'd always catch up to him. Another slash is sent to his back, something he couldn't avoid, as he falls to the ground covered in his own blood.

Mahito groaned in pain as a foot jabbed into his back, mainly on the slashes that continue to bleed. Above him stood Sukuna, a dark shadow covered his whole body, with four glowing red eyes glaring down at him. Mahito tried morphing his body to squirm away, but it didn't seem to work like something was blocking off his transformation.

"You can't escape me, you worm, you've made a terrible mistake of angering me," Sukuna said mockingly. "Please..." Mahito wheezed out, clawing his hands against the ground in hopes of getting away. He knows it's pathetic begging, but he has no other options.

"Now you beg for mercy? Groveling on your feet in your own blood is pathetic. Why should I give you such luxury of mercy, when you gave none to him?" Sukuna asked while gesturing down the hall. From not so far away laid an unconscious (Y/n), left there by Sukuna.

Mahito's body started to shake slightly, knowing he was most likely not going to make it out alive. Mahito is then lifted by his neck, now in the same position, he placed (Y/n) in earlier. "How does it feel, feeling hopeless, knowing you're about to die in my hands?" Sukuna asked rhetorically as he squeezed Mahito's throat threateningly.

On instinct, Mahito started to struggle, clawing his hands-on Sukuna's hands, in hopes of forcing him off. Sukuna then glanced out the window, completely ignoring Mahito's struggling. Wordlessly, Sukuna then slammed Mahito through the wall, purposely missing the windows.

Due to the force, the wall burst open, as Mahito flew out of the building and toward the ground. From the large gap in the wall, Sukuna glared down at Mahito's falling form. He then made his way back down the hall, heading towards (Y/n)'s unconscious form.

Before Mahito could hit the ground, a large knife hit his face, sending him to the left. He only stopped by landing harshly on the ground, leaving a small trail of blood. "You look miserable" Nanami commented while slowly approaching Mahito, a bit confused about how he ended up like that.

"7 to 3... We meet again, you have miraculous timing..." Mahito said sarcastically as he struggled to stand up. Turns out Sukuna decided to allow Nanami the honors of deciding Mahito's fate, while he tends to (Y/n). The two opponents both internally thought about their next move, taking notice of each other's flaws.

"Well, as much as I love to play with you, I've got better places to be," Mahito said casually and attempted to run again. Only to feel his feet fall from under him, as Nanami slashed up his ankles to trip him, knowing it won't hurt him. "Not so fast, I'm not going to let you leave so soon," Nanami said as he prepared to eliminate the curse somehow.

Mahito scowled, knowing he has little to no cursed energy left to fight someone else. He doesn't have enough to make a domain, not without killing himself. Mahito then smirked as he finally thought of a plan, his main priority now is getting out alive. Suddenly, Mahito inflated like a balloon, giving Nanami a massive target to hit. Confused, Nanami didn't hesitate to attack the large target. What he didn't anticipate was for Mahito to pop, vanishing from his sights for a moment.