Chapter 30

(Y/n) stroke the head of his pet curse, his eyes scanned around his surroundings. "Clear" (Y/n) announced, with that, Yuta looked over to the civilians, who hid away under a bridge. "You can come out now, let's keep moving north until we reach the edge of the barrier" Yuta encouraged the group. How did these two males end up together, instead of going with Yuji and Megumi?

Well, in the end, the group ultimately decided that the best course of action was for (Y/n) to go with Yuta. Said male had planned to help civilians out of the barrier, alive. It was the safest option for (Y/n), and along with that, he has been a great help in the rescue process. So far, the group looked beyond exhausted, having been traveling for a good hour.

"We should keep going, we can't stay here long" (Y/n) suggested as he made his way to the group. "Yes... But look at them, we should take a small break. Plus, the guy I defeated was a strong sorcerer, so there shouldn't be many who would want to mess with us for a while" Yuta reasoned. On cue, they started hearing strange scuttling sounds, almost like bugs, this put the two males on alert.

"Run inside the stadium! Hurry!!" Yuta yelled out as he drew his sword. One person started running from a swarm of bugs, before Yuta could help, (Y/n) moved forward. "Go protect the civilians, I've got this" (Y/n) said as he goes to help the stragglier. "(L/n)! Don't!" Yuta called out, but it was too late, the swarm of bugs surrounded them.

Without thinking, Yuta jumped in and grabbed (Y/n) away from the swarm, leaving the stragglier to explode. "RIKA!! DROP IT!!" Yuta yelled out, on cue, a cursed spirit crushed the bridge on top of the bugs. Having nowhere else to go, the bugs flew towards Yuta and (Y/n). A large block of ice froze the bugs mid-air, then exploded into chunks, leaving nothing behind.

(Y/n) quickly turned his attention to the culprit that sent the bugs at them. "Who is that?" (Y/n) questioned, unsure if it was a person or a cursed spirit. "Ah! That's Kurourushi!" A cursed spirit said, acting like a walkie-talkie, which did not help answer his question. "(Y/n), will you be able to fight him?" Yuta asked as he now faced the opponent.

(Y/n) glanced around, having taken notice of the eyes watching them. Then, he looked off to where the civilians ran off to, debating if they were safe without him. "I'll back you up" (Y/n) decided, while taking out another large shuriken from his cursed pet. Kurourushi took out a blade of his own, Fester Life Blade.

Kurourushi attacked first, hoping to swing his blade at either of the two, only to have his arm chopped off and his leg. When the hand landed, (Y/n) took it while Yuta sent the curse flying backward. When the curse flew into the air, (Y/n) jumped onto the bridge and swung his large shuriken at the curse. Once hit, Yuta took the advantage to swing his sword above the curse's head, sending him back down the bridge.

(Y/n) jumped down next to Yuta as the curse had swarms of bugs lift him upwards. "Okkotsu" (Y/n) called, which caught his attention. With just two fingers held upwards, Yuta knew that he was being watched by specifically two people, but their scores are unknown. "(L/n), stand back, I have a plan" Yuta ordered, as told, (Y/n) moved away from the fight, allowing Yuta to handle it alone.

It was a good thing he did, as a large tornado swept around Yuta, forcing him to take cover. Yuta quickly took out the curses responsible. Then, the main curse swung a different sword at Yuta, due to (Y/n) holding onto the weapon it wanted to use. Speaking of, said weapon came flying right at the curse's head, taking it out in one go.

Due to the cursed weapon, the curse's body exploded into chunks, while (Y/n) grabbed the weapon mid-air. "5 points have been added" the curse walkie-talkie announced as it flew over (Y/n). "...I see, so you're an assassin" a female whispered into (Y/n)'s ear, startling him. With a loud CLANK, the world seemed to be distorted, protecting her from the attack.

With a swift move, (Y/n) and Yuta is sent flying through the ground, with Yuta taking the brunt of it. Giving them no time to attack, she sent a punch to (Y/n)'s face. He quickly moved out of the way, allowing Yuta to send his own punch, only for her to distort his arm. This allowed her to send an elbow to his face and punch him in the gut, sending him skidding backward. (Y/n) landed next to Yuta, keeping a far distance away from their opponent.

"I see... So you can make the sky your surface" (Y/n) revealed, despite having witnessed it once. "Precisely, you're a sharp one" the female praised as she stood in front of the two. Suddenly, a large blast cut off their conversation, destroying everything in sight. Except for a dome of ice that protected (Y/n) and Yuta from the brunt of it. When it broke, (Y/n) ran right for the second opponent, leaving Yuta to deal with the first one.

"Sweet! Nice moves lady!" The guy yelled out as he sent another blast his way. Every blast that landed seemed to have missed, leaving behind a destroyed bridge. The guy tried spotting (Y/n) unaware that the male is standing right behind him, with a raised shuriken above his head. With a swing, the guy barely moved out of the way, only getting a slice on his cheek. "Will that... Fill up... My stomach?" The guy asked, confusing (Y/n) by the analogy.