Chapter 29

When (Y/n) awoke, his eyes instantly scanned where he was, realizing he was no longer where he was previously. He felt something on top of his head, along with something constricting his chest. Without hesitation, he pointed a kunai knife at the thing constricting him, earning a loud yelp. "(Y/n)!! You're awake!" Yuji exclaimed happily, yet looked nervous at the weapon pointed at him.

Instantly, (Y/n) snapped his attention to Yuji, giving him a calculative look instead of his pure innocent one. Without even realizing it, (Y/n) was no longer in Yuji's hold. "(Y/n)?!" Yuji exclaimed in shock, mostly scared that he just lost his crush, now searching a bit desperately. That's when he finally spotted him, pointing a kunai knife at Choso, yet had yet to kill him.

"Calm down (Y/n), he's fi--" Maki tried to calm the male down, by placing a hand on his shoulder. Only for her words to falter as she earned a dark glare. It took her by surprise, from the little time she spent with (Y/n), he had not once looked this deadly. "What happened?" (Y/n) asked in a serious tone, while looking over the whole room.

Everyone, except for Megumi and some other girl and male he never met before, looked like shit. Maki was scared with burns beyond belief, Yuji was littered with scars, and the cursed spirit looked devastated. Now, he didn't have a mirror to see what he looked like, but if he did he would think it was another person.

His, once pure eyes, were now small dots, always looking like he was afraid and on alert. His face was littered with stitch markings, similar to Mahito's markings. His hair no longer looked soft, instead, it looked matted, most likely due to being sent through multiple buildings. His hair no longer reached the middle of his back, and now looked badly chopped, along with a few white stress hairs. "(Y/n), why don't you sit down?" Yuji suggested, while gently guiding the male to the couch.

~~~

(Y/n) sat there with a contemplating look, having had a good run down f what happened while he was unconscious. "So... This Tengen person will help us, in a sense?" (Y/n) asked while looking at Megumi. "Yes, we already have a plan to meet him, but then you woke" Megumi explained to the best of his ability.

"I see... So who's the cursed spirit?" (Y/n) asked, now looking at Choso. Throughout the whole conversation, Choso had been staring at (Y/n) with an unreadable look. Now, believing he was caught, he looked away with a blush. "He's... Think of him as my older brother" Yuji said a bit hesitantly, still unsure if the cure deserves that title.

Choso's face went from embarrassed to shocked in an instant, right as he realized Yuji's words, the group was already leaving. "Yuji!!!" Choso exclaimed, which went ignored by the male. "Let's go," Yuji said while he wrapped an arm around (Y/n)'s shoulders, despite their guide being behind them.

Choso eventually caught up to the group and guided them to the right door. "There, without a doubt, my brothers sleep beyond those doors," Choso said with a hand to the door. When he and Yuji opened the doors they were met with a forest of trees without leaves. "Let's go, deep in, there's an elevator to the tomb" Choso explained while Yuji and (Y/n) scanned their surroundings.

Walking further into the forest, they arrived at a large shed, most likely the elevator. Choso was the first to go to the shutter, which blocked them from the elevator. With a FWSH the shutter lifted and they took the elevator down, letting them out on the ground floor. (Y/n) looked around with a sad look, knowing full well what went down here, courtesy of the lingering bloodstains.

"Bloodstains? What happened here?" Yuji asked curiously, being the only other person to glance at it. "This is the spot my father went to, 6 years ago. I was only 10 years old when it happened, so my memory of it isn't the greatest" (Y/n) explained, earning a look from Yuki. "Alright everyone, the main shrine is through here," Choso said as he continued to guide the group.

When they entered, they were met with nothing, literally an empty white room. An indication that the passage had rejected them for an unknown reason. "Let's head back, Tsumiki doesn't have time" Yuta ordered while looking at Megumi, not wanting to stick around to figure out what's wrong with the passage.

"Leaving so soon? It's a pleasure to meet you..." In an instant, Yuji and Yuki turned their attention to the voice. While (Y/n) was already looking at the person, like he anticipated his arrival. "...Child of the Zen'in, Michizane's descendent, death painting womb, the ex-assassin, and Sukuna's vessel" Tegen listed off.

"Why did you close off the stare corridor?" Yuki asked, wanting to get to the point, to waste less time. "I was afraid you might be in alignment with Kenjaku. After all, I cannot see into the human heart" Tengen reasoned, reminding them that he is still human despite looking so inhuman. "Kenjaku?" Yuki asked with a stern look, most likely having an idea of who he meant.

"The sorcerer who was once Noritoshi Kamo and is now inhabiting the body of Suguru Geto" Tegen explained, which caught (Y/n)'s attention. "Wait, that wasn't Geto?" (Y/n) questioned with a look of surprise, having believed it was Geto this whole time. "Master Tengen, why do you look like that?" Yuji asked innocently, which earned a deadpanned look from Megumi.

"No, he wasn't, and I may be immortal, but I'm not immune to aging. After 500 years, you'd look like this too" Tengen replied to both their questions, somehow not offended. "For real?!" Yuji exclaimed with a look of surprise and possibly fear, not wanting to imagine looking like that.

"6 years ago, after failing to merge with a star plasma vessel, my aging accelerated, and my self-awareness as an individual diminished. The very world became my self" Tengen finished explaining, for Yuji's sake. "Excuse me, but..." Megumi trailed off as he rose a hand. "...We came to ask about Kenjaku's objectives, and how to open the Prison Realm, will you tell us what you know?" Yuta asked while finishing off Megumi's sentence.

"I wish I could simply say yes, but... There is one condition, Yuta Okkotsu, Yuki Tsukumo, (Y/n) (L/n), and the Death Painting Womb. Two of you must remain here, to serve as my guard" Tengen said with a serious look. "What?!" Megumi and Yuji examined, now glaring at Tengen, not liking the idea of (Y/n) guarding him alone with another person either than themselves.