Chapter 26

A cup spilled from the table, due to Nobara accidentally missing her cup of coffee. "Ah!" Nobara exclaimed in shock, unable to save it from spilling everywhere. "Oh, man... You've done it now Kugisaki" Yuji said casually while looking down at a t-shirt. "Whose shirt is that?" (Y/n) asked curiously, feeling a bit bad for the owner of said shirt.

"I believe it's Gojo's" Megumi answered, not seeming to care all too much. "Who's really at fault here? Ijiichi, who trusted us to keep a freshly dry-cleaned shirt safe. Or me, who spilled a little bit of coffee" Nobara listed, trying to play the victim. "You!" Megumi and Yuji said in unison. "I'll get the stain removal" (Y/n) said as he got up, not wanting to hear them argue.

After a good minute or two, the shirt did not look any better than earlier. "It could pass for a Marimekko" Nobara suggested, while trying to find excuses for their mishap. "That's insulting!" Yuji exclaimed, not liking the idea at all, while Megumi squinted at the two of them. "I bet it's cheap anyway! (Y/n), can you be a dear and look up the brand cost?" Nobara asked sweetly.

(Y/n) did as told and showed the three the price, which was 250,000 yen. Their expressions were peculiar, but in short, they were in deep trouble. "Fine! I'll put in 90,000 yen, you two put in 80,000 yen each!" Nobara decided, to exclude (Y/n) from paying anything. Suddenly, the sound of the shoji door opening stopped them from arguing.

"Morning! Ijichi should have left you guys with... (Y/n)! Why are you crying?!" Gojo asked with a look of worry. "I-I... I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to!!" (Y/n) sobbed as he held up the t-shirt. "Hey! Hey! It's alright! It's just a shirt! I can get a new one! Please... Don't cry!" Satoru exclaimed, now extremely panicked.

"R-Really?" (Y/n) asked with a sniffle, his crying had calmed down immensely. "Really" Satoru reassured as he took the t-shirt, leaving the room with mixed emotions. When he finally left the room, (Y/n)'s crying stopped completely, now looking up at his companions with an innocent look. "Problem solved!" (Y/n) said with a small smile, while Yuji and Nobara stared in awe, giving him claps for his accomplishment.

~Present~

When (Y/n) awoke, he no longer saw his three companions who were enjoying themselves in his dreams. Instead, he was met with scattered deformed human bodies and his curse pet on top of his weapon. "(Y/n)! Are you alright?" Todo asked as he towered over (Y/n)'s lying body, looking like he was about to pick him up.

"I'm alright... Where's Yuji?" (Y/n) asked as he slowly got up, grabbing his cursed pet and weapon. "He's fighting a cursed spirit, I was just about to head his way. Come, he might need our help" Todo ushered, unbothered by the strange spirit (Y/n) owns. With that, the two of them ran down the hallway, hearing a fight up ahead. Following behind them was Nitta, most likely to heal anyone injured.

That's when they ran up on Nobara, who looked like she was on death's door. The top left half of her skull looked melted in, most definitely losing an eye. "Nobara... Ms. Nitta, can you save her?" (Y/n) asked worriedly, knowing he cannot heal such a big wound. "I'll try, you two go on ahead, I'll catch up" Nitta ushered as she instantly got to work on Nobara.

The two nodded as they ran ahead, the sound of fighting getting closer and closer. Thankfully, they got there in time, as Mahito was just about to kill Yuji. With a SNAP and a CLAP, Mahito found himself away from Yuji and missing his morphed limp. "Yuji!" (Y/n) said worriedly, noticing how beat up he is.

He felt extremely guilty, knowing he was supposed to be there for Yuji to protect him. First, it was Toji, then it was Megumi, then it was Nobara, now it's Yuji? Maybe he should've died to the Mahoraga. "Todo! (Y/n)!" Nitta called, snapping (Y/n) out of his self-pity for the time being.