Chapter 15

"We'll be starting the event in one minute, but before we begin, let's hear a few words of well-appreciated encouragement. From the always eloquent, Utahime Iori" Satoru introduced through the loudspeakers. "Wha- Huh?! Well... I- Uh... Guess... Uh, although during this event, some injuries are unavoidable, you should... Uh... Ah... Help each other out? Or something... Hehe, if you can?" Utahime said, completely unprepared.

"K, sorry, time's up" Satoru interrupted, enjoying the fact he embarrassed his colleague. "Gh! Gojo you jerk! I wasn't done!" Utahime complained, despite being so awkward earlier. "Now, let the sister school change event, begin!!" Satoru announced, and thus the groups set into action.

(Y/n) took the lead first, vanishing from his spot, while his teammates ran as one large group. "You should respect your Seniors!" Utahime complained more. "I hope (Y/n) is going to be alright..." Yuji said worriedly, having no clue where (Y/n) left to. "He's fine... I think" Megumi said somewhat reassuring, despite also being worried for the male.

While the group ran on the ground, (Y/n) followed after them from within the trees. On the monitor screens, they can see a flash of black, swiftly jumping from place to place. Up ahead of them, the group had spotted a cursed spirit, which looked like a spider of sorts.

Unexpectedly, a large wave of dust and rubble flew right at the curse, instantly stopping the group's path. In the curse's place stood Todo, who easily pushed the curse out of the way. Now that the group has stopped, so had the figure as well, now allowing the cameras to spot (Y/n) waiting in the trees.

His attire is completely different from earlier when they met up at the start. He is now in his training attire, plus a very noticeable mask covering his face. When did he have time to change? No one would know. "Yeah, you're all together... Well, except for that cute one. Pity" Todo said with a small frown, slightly wanting to see the male again. "No matter, come at me, all at once!" Todo demanded, ready to fight the whole group alone.

Yuji took the initiative and ran at Todo. He gripped Todo's head and kneed him in the face, allowing time for his teammates to book it. "Scatter!!" Maki ordered as they all left Yuji behind, unaware that (Y/n) stayed behind as well. Yuji then kicked Todo away, letting go of his head in the process, leaving him to land on his feet. Todo grinned at Yuji, who just glared at him, both ready for battle. 

~~~ 

Before the Exchange Event

"Todo would be out to crush us right away, and Mai just might follow him, in order to get to me. Todo is a monster, the worst possible outcome would be that we all face him, and we all get whipped out. So we planned to leave one of us, not sure who. Either leave Panda or Megumi behind to deal with him" Maki explained to Yuji and (Y/n).

"So, now Itadori, we'll leave that role to you," Maki said while looking at Yuji. "Hm?" Yuji hummed as he pointed at himself with a confused look. "We can't afford to lose any of our better scouts, you don't have to beat him, just try to hold out, and buy us some time," Maki said with a thumbs up.

"I say be daring against him, to be blunt, we weren't counting on your abilities anyway. So it won't matter too much if you have to quit" Panda said reassuringly. "Oh, thanks a lot!" Yuji said sarcastically, not feeling reassured at all by Panda's words. (Y/n) silently chuckled, finding the conversation slightly funny to listen to.

"I'm sorry Megumi, I know, you wanted to take on Todo," Panda said as he looked at Megumi. "No, I'm fine either way," Megumi said blandly, seemingly not bothered at all by the new plan. "You're super low-key" Panda commented, despite being used to Megumi's personality.

"I'll play along if you want me to," Yuji said ominously, gaining Panda and Maki's attention. "And I'll win, too," Yuji said confidently. Then he glanced at (Y/n), knowing for certain he'll be watching him, thus boosting his determination to give it his all in his fight against Todo.