[4] Library Session

Nothing to note of had happened after the eventful weekend. Tuesday comes with the sound of an awful alarm and the smell of something burning.

(Y/n), as soon as waking up and noticing the strange smell, runs straight to the kitchen to see that something is indeed burning and that was toast. "Mooom you left the food burning!" They turn off the heat and gas, sighing. The racing of their heart slows down and they look around the house for their mom.

It's too early for me to be having a heart attack.

"Sorry. I fell asleep again." Their mom gets up from the couch where she fell asleep.

After the mess that morning (Y/n) helped with cleaning up and got ready to head to school without breakfast. They could've had the burnt toast. Some people would find it favorable, but not them.

"Good morning (y/n)!" Ayaka and Kokomi greet their friend in unison. The latter turning her head in confusion.

"Well I'll be damned. (Y/n) is being greeted by someone besides me now, how sweet."

"Good morning, you two." They put down their bag by their seat and sit down.

"My brother told me you can meet him at the library after class for tutoring today if you have the time." Ayaka says.

"Oh cool. Will do."

The other day no tutoring happened since Ayato was busy. And Ayaka was absent. It had seemed that the siblings had something important to attend to.

"Are you ok (y/n)? You look rather unhinged." Kokomi comments.

"Yeah I'm ok. I just had a bit of a startle this morning, does my face really show it?"

"You just have a bit of a ghostly presence this morning. You know, like Xiao." She says referring to the boy from one of the other sections, being quite popular for the gloomy mysterious aura around him.

"I'd say the presence is more like professor Dainsleif's. It makes me feel somewhat trepid." Ayaka mentions one of their professors.

As they continued rambling upon who from the school resembled (Y/n)'s spooked state the most, their advisor Lisa, who prefers being called Madam Lisa enters the room with a smile on her face.

"Good morning my cute students! We aren't going to role call since I know whose absent and late anyways." She narrows her eyes at the absent seat, where Arataki Itto would usually sit. When he was around.

"Madam I saw Itto outside catching beetles a while ago. He said today was his lucky day according to whatever luck forecast he saw this time." One of the students speaks. Lisa just lets out a light huff. Despite it being only half a quarter he's done it too much for the teachers to pay any heed at this point.

---

Class comes to an end and (y/n) was taking a quick scan at the notes they took throughout the day to better absorb them, and to make sure they didn't miss anything important. The notes sure didn't look pretty but when you're trying to get everything there, there's no time for that.

Maybe later they could go add some fancy things.

(Y/n) said a quick goodbye to Kokomi & Ayaka and went to the library to see Ayato. Since they're at the school library, it's very unlikely he'll have them eat something weird.

"Good afternoon (Y/n), how was class?" Ayato greets. He was easy to find, sitting by one of the large tables not too far from the entrance. And just generally having amazing room presence. A few books were already placed before him, (y/n) takes their seat beside him.

"Good afternoon Ayato. It was alright, I learned some valuable things today."

He pushes the books to the side giving them space to set things down on the table. "By the way, what was your reason for picking the finance course? What do you plan to do after college?"

"Honestly I don't know what I plan to do after college. I'd have picked any course that would rely on a lot of numbers and calculation. Something that I could answer, that has a concrete answer. Vague things that don't really have a 'right or wrong' like philosophy are a pain in the ass.

I mean behavior can be categorized by different deviances but still. People have to spend ages researching different variables and different causes on why people act the way they do or whatever. Numbers give me less of an existential crisis." They answer.

"You probably don't like the topic of love then."

"Love? Where'd that come from." They look at their tutor with confusion. For something they'd personally think is silly to bring up abruptly he was asking seriously.

"What do you think of love?"

"I uhh... Haven't really thought about it. I'm not in love with anyone, and the last time I've been in 'love' was a stupid little crush in like my second year of highschool. It was cringy."

"I see." The serious expression Ayato had fronted quickly left as if he was relieved. "Well let's begin with our tutoring proper. Do you have any notes I can reference?"

"Yeah, here." They take out their notes from class. (Y/n) felt like their ability to focus was going to slip away again, wondering why Ayato had to ask them about love. Was he a curious person? Was he interested in them?

No, Ayato is in a league of his own. Plus he's just their tutor and that's all.

"Before we start can I ask you the same thing? What do you think of love."

"You want to here my answer? You're probably going to think it's illogical."

"I don't care if it is. Since you were asking me, I want to know your sentiments."

He smiles at them. "Well then. For me love is beautiful, and it's painful. We'll do and think of things we've never thought of before when it comes to someone we love. That applies to all types of love. But romantic love I think is quite cruel."

"Cruel? How so?"

"Because no matter how much we can love someone as our partner, if they don't want us there's nothing we can do about it."

A little gap between (Y/n)'s lips was left open, surprised to hear something so vulnerable from Ayato. They could see in his face he was expressing sadness through his eyes and it made them want to give him a hug. I don't know if he's saying this because of Thoma, I don't know anything about their relationship but he makes such a lonely expression.

The thought become more than so and (y/n) got out of their seat to hug him, their arms wrapping around his toned build. People around them staring but trying not to.

"Sorry, I just felt like you needed this." They whisper to him.