[11] Bestfriend Squad

Some days later, Venti having an off from work texts Kokomi and (y/n) about having a little outing while he is available. And the plan led to them being at an amusement part on a weekend.

While it was open often, the last time (y/n) has been there was on a fail of a get-to-know-you date with their early highschool crush. Who invites people out on a date without money? Ridiculous. (Y/n) had spent an absurd amount of money because that person was broke and still took them on dates.

It's not that they didn't want to pay, but the entire thing? That wasn't what

"I remember when (y/n) came crying to us about how they had no more money after that date with Zhongli here!" Venti reminisces joyfully. That day the two bestfriends tailed their little date laughing their butts off everytime (y/n) had to pull out their wallet looking like they lost another life each time.

"Oh my god don't mention him. Those were horrible memories." (Y/n) scowls.

"Didn't you have such a big crush on him back then though? You always went on about how he seemed so mature, and father material." Kokomi teases, putting their friend on the brink of insanity.

"Well I was wrong ok! Should I have started dating him I would've become a sugar mommy! Even though I'm younger than him."

Once they're finally able to get entry stubs, Venti drags the two straight to the highest rollercoaster in the park, Kokomi trying relentlessly to pull out of his hold. (Y/n) was just reluctant.

"Venti don't you want to do something a little less, before we get to this? Although I don't think Kokomi wants to try this one at all."

"Come onn! We save the best for first!" He insists.

"That's not how it goes—"

The two end up on the rollercoaster against their wills, with Venti who was making a little happy dance when the person who was watching that ride fixed the straps over them for safety.

"Tell my goldfish I love her." Kokomi tells (y/n).

"Kokomi you aren't going to die here."

"Just promise me you will!"

"Ok, ok I promise."

The ride starts and in a split second it felt like they were riding to their death. The rollercoaster led straight down for what felt like eternity until it went back up again, giving everyone a moment to breathe, then down again but less steep than the first fall, where Venti was laughing to tears looking at how Kokomi passed out multiple times in that moment.

(Y/n)'s throat went hoarse from screaming, unintentionally throwing out cusswords from a bunch of different languages because nothing was enough to express the terror of a death by fall simulation.

Afterwards, the two rushed to the closest bench and sat down like every bone in their body had turned to goop, Venti stood there by them stretching his back.

"That was fun! Want to go again?"

"No!" The two said simultaneously.

Venti pouted but allowed them the time to recollect the pieces of their soul that scattered in shock. In that timeframe (y/n) just staring into the distance catches sight of Thoma.

With Ayaka.

Their eyes widen, taking a closer look to see the two holding hands and talking to each other with smiles on their faces. They didn't notice (y/n), but (y/n) once again wished they didn't notice the two either because now they were confused.

It wasn't long ago since they were with Ayato and ran into Thoma at the café, and there was spite between them. Now he's holding hands with Ayaka at an amusement park and they're obviously flirting.

What was going on?

Not wanting to ruin Thoma and Ayaka's time together (y/n) decided to just ignore them for now and hope they don't run into (y/n) and the two.

They can ask Ayaka about it some other day.

Once feeling better, the three went to enjoy some other rides, less extreme because Kokomi didn't want to do anything that'd make her pass out anymore. Eventually they got tired, except Venti, and got some snacks by the time dusk had settled in.

"I know you're going to say it, so no. We are not going out drinking after this even if we are at a legal drinking age. Heck we only just got to legal drinking age not long ago." (Y/n) tells Venti.

"Killjoy."

"We could just go get a shake or something, those are so much better anyways."

"I agree with (y/n)." Kokomi adds.

A whine escapes Venti's lips, and he accepts his loss. "Fine, I go drinking with my co-workers after a job well done anyway. And sometimes are boss even treats us!" He brags.

"Riiightt..." (Y/n)'s attention is distracted again by the sight of Thoma and Ayaka sitting by the table nearby. This time the boy's arm was around her.

Is he really just a flirt or??? (Y/n) could feel their very own life in a soap opera at this point. A side character of one.