[12] Big Bad Feelings

After an excessively tiring day (y/n) finds themself unburdened by the fatigue through sheer curiosity of figuring out Thoma and Ayaka. They text Ayato if he was available for tutoring the next day as an excuse to head to the Kamisato residence to talk to Ayaka.

The following day comes....

(Y/n) is greeted by Ayato upon arriving at the Kamisato residence. But paying little attention to his greeting they take a look around the house, for Ayaka.

"Is Ayaka here?"

"Not even a hello to me?" He sighs dramatically. "Ayaka isn't here, said she's headed out somewhere."

"Oh."

The disappointment in both their voice and expression was evident. Ayato seemed to have gotten the wrong idea and was almost irked by how Ayaka was their first in mind when coming to their house.

"If I may ask, what is my sister to you?"

"Uhm... A good friend." (Y/n) tilts their head, rather confused with why he asked. To their own accord they walk to the sofa and sit down, adjusting the pillow at their back and moving it to the side then laying down sideways instead.

Flashes of yesterday's events would play through their head like a short film, still feeling a slight ache in their body and a dull headache they close their eyes for a moment.

"You seem tired. If you would rather rest we could cancel the tutoring for today." Ayato takes his seat beside them leaving only a little space before they'd touch.

"Right I almost forgot I was here for the tutoring." They attempt to sit up straight, not wanting to disrespect how they asked for tutoring today, but instead Ayato wraps his arms around (y/n) , pulling them close to his body, enough for them to feel his warmth like a blanket.

It was far too comforting for (y/n) to fight, instead of pushing him away in surprise they just melted into his warm embrace.

"It will be harder for you to learn if you're sleepy or exhausted. Wouldn't it be much better for you to take a nap?"

"Aya...to..." They yawn in between speaking his name. "You're right but what's with this?"

"When people cuddle they release oxytocin—"

"I know that, smartass. But why? Are you touch starved without Thoma or something?"

Ayato is somewhat taken aback by their reply, having to think for a bit before responding.

"It's unusual for you to be so transparent when it comes to your thoughts on Thoma. You seemed to often disregard his existence."

"That makes me sound like a mean person. Are you going to answer my question?"

Their head was rested in the crook of his neck, they could feel his steady heartbeat. In the moment it didn't feel all awkward, maybe because (y/n) was too preoccupied with thoughts. And how Thoma was forcing them to acknowledge his existence by being somewhat of a passive aggressive ass.

It would be peaceful if Thoma could just be wiped off the board. Or at least a more genuine person towards them.

"I will answer your last question. Perhaps I am touch starved but it isn't Thoma that I wish to hold in my arms. Didn't I already tell you I have cut my ties with him?"

"How about the part where he told you to answer his calls? Did you?"

"My little student, question after question. Why do you care so much about me and Thoma hmm? Are you jealous?" Ayato grins, anticipating their reaction.

"How does that make me seem jealous?!"

An crisis begins to form in (Y/n)'s thoughts. Questioning themself whether they really are jealous our not.

"I'm just worried about Ayaka? And because I distrust Thoma! See, I'm not jealous... But I was relieved when Ayato told me about what really went on between him and Thoma that way.

No, that doesn't have anything to do with jealousy I was just glad to find out the truth... I'd only be jealous if I was getting attached to Ayato in some form. "

They take a moment to study his features, from the closest they've ever been to him. His face inches away, and they could fully appreciate his purple irises, the random beauty mark on his lower lip. To them it always felt dangerous to stare too long.

It felt like he would cast a spell. If you look too long, you'll be forever obsessed with this deviously handsome man and by the time you'd realize it,

It's too late.

"Just what have you been doing Ayato. You're supposed to be only a tutor to me yet you're holding me close. You take me out places, buy my lame painting, get me the plush I was staring at, it doesn't help that you're hot and smart. Give me a break!"

They pull away from the embrace, unable to look directly at Ayato.

"I should probably head back home if I'm going to take a nap."

"It's fine if you stay here while you rest." Ayato frowned. Like he didn't want to part with them just yet. "If you wait long enough you'll get to see Ayaka."

"I can always just message Ayaka. I'll be going now! Thanks for the time Ayato!" They rush out the door, an inner voice in their head screaming.

The plan was tutoring to surpass Jean! Not end up having crush on tutor.

As far as they were disappointed in themself for not getting their priorities straight, it remained a fact that they enjoyed a short cuddling period with the questionable tutor.

That wasn't a very 'tutor' thing to do, Ayato.