[39] Simulation Of Revenge

Ayato didn't return that night after the quarrel with his lover. Venti, Childe, and (y/n) are passed out on the sofas in the middle of the night while (y/n)'s mother sleeps soundly.

Thoma thought the timing was impeccable. On the day he chose to execute his plans, there was no Ayato in the way and the door to the house was left unlocked since the three threw all caution aside whilst drinking.

He made as minimal noise as possible while entering, but his target was no where to be seen. He crept around, seeing the unconscious three on the sofa and there saw the cat sleeping on (y/n)'s stomach.

"Motherfucker." He cursed under his breath and took out his back-up; Wet cat food. He placed it down where he stood, a safe distance away from the sofa and he moved to a safe place to hide. Cats are light sleepers, he'd assume it wouldn't be long until Stocking wakes up to take the bait.

Thoma waits in silence. His unquenchable thirst for revenge was eating him alive, he wanted to just burn this whole house to the ground with everyone in it, but he also wanted to play the psychological game. After what he'd assume was fifteen minutes, the cat wakes up and inspects the food, and begins to eat like she hasn't been fed in weeks.

While she ate, Thoma crept up and got her into a sack filled with catnip. For a moment she struggled, paws kicking around the sack until the catnip promptly kicked in. Thoma swiftly picked up the half-eaten cat food, placing it into the sack with stocking and leaving the house.

Venti saw as Thoma left, rubbing his eyes. The whole scene was blurry, and the drunkard couldn't even tell what or who he saw. Just a figure that possibly wasn't real. "Did you guys see that?" He asks and turns to look at Childe and (Y/n). "Oh... They're asleep. It smells a bit fishy here." He gets up, all wobbly and sore from an awkward sleeping position and follows the scent.

There was a bit of the wet cat food left on the floor.

"Stocking made a mess." Venti sighed and returned to the sofa to sleep without any suspicions.

The following day, (y/n) woke up with a massive headache and it had already hit noon. Venti and Childe left hours earlier, and their mom was sitting beside them going through television channels.

"Good afternoon sweetheart."

"Afternoon?" They got up, groaning.

"It's already 2 pm, your friends left this morning."

"Oh. Where's stocking?" (Y/n) looks around slowly. Usually Stocking would be at their side and pawing at them until they wake up.

"I haven't seen her this morning. I put out her breakfast and her bowl hasn't been touched either."

They frown, feeling mildly off about the whole waking up to a headache and the absence of their best fur friend. "I'm going to go look around for her."

(Y/n) roams around the house, looking for Stocking. Whenever she called, the cat would usually come running with loud meows, but this time there was no response and no Stocking in sight.

"Did we leave a door or window open when we were drunk? Shit." They pace around the living area anxiously. "She wouldn't go far even if she did get out of the house. And she'd come back for food."

Although they couldn't completely relax, they kept themselves busy till evening by watching a bunch of bluey episodes. That show was like free therapy and a childhood they'd never have in even a thousand reincarnations. But in a thousand lives they'd surely have one way better than this grisly joke.

Still, Stocking did not come home.

"Should I put out missing cat posters?" (Y/n) asks their mom once it hit nine in the evening.

"In the morning. It's late now." Their mom replied. She too looked unsettled and on the verge of tears. Knowing she'd go the night without her beloved stocking in the house was gut wrenching.

"Okay..."

(Y/n) went to get the remains of the strawberry shortcake from the fridge. More than half was devoured by the drunk three the other night.

Returning to the sofa with two slices on a small platter, they recieve a message on their phone from an unknown number.

Contact: If you want your cat back, then meet me at my apartment tomorrow at 7 pm alone. If you tell anyone about this or if you disobey my demands the cat dies.- Thoma

Following the message was his address and then a recording of Stocking inside a cramped cage.

"Oh no..." They whisper; tears welling up that they quickly wipe away, not wanting their mom to suspect anything. "This bastard, went as far as to use a new number as well. What is he going to do this time."

"He must've been Albedo's killer."

Rage grew within them, but they know that one wrong move and Thoma will take Stocking's life. If they let him take away anything more from them then they'll crumble to depths they've never been to before...

(Y/n) has already lost sight of their goals, if they're going down, they're taking Thoma with them.

Will it be a never ending cycle of revenge?

Is (Y/n) really Thoma's target?