[31] Temporary Break

"(Y/n). Boss Ayato wishes to see you." Momoyo enters their classroom fifteen minutes past their dismissal. The only few left in the room by then include (y/n), Kokomi, Childe and a few others. (Y/n) was sulking throughout the day until present, Kokomi silently waited in the classroom with them. Childe was just there for the gossip despite pretending to not care.

"Hardly believable." They get up from their seat, finally.

"Please follow me."

(Y/n) couldn't care that while they followed Momoyo, Kokomi and Childe also followed them like they were playing follow the leader. They go up a few floors, to the floor that was pretty much empty. There's just a comfort room, students would usually head to this particular floor to answer nature's calling in peace. Or do other things...

And there's also a vending machine with drinks at that floor. Two benches, on one where Ayato sits quietly waiting.

"If he says anything to make my bestie cry I'm going to throw hands." Kokomi hides at a distance by a corner with Childe. Momoyo stood beside them openly.

"Me too, for my bestie."

"Childe?! Since when were you two besties?" She steps on his toes on purpose.

"What the hell— you don't need to do that fish head. And to answer your question, since this morning."

"I find that highly unbelievable."

"Quiet! I can barely here them!" Momoyo hushes the two.

"I think our relationship needs a break. At least until I can compose myself." Those being the first words to come out of Ayato's mouth.

"Ah."

(Y/n) didn't know what else to say. It didn't hurt too bad to hear. Trained by the months of his absence they were ready to hear anything from him, anything as long as it wasn't more of him treating them like they didn't exist.

"It's fine. I understand."

"What do you mean it's fine!? Smack that man!" Kokomi wanted to smack him herself.

"I still love you though (y/n). I really do." His hand gently touches their cheek. "I'll make up for this."

"It's kind of hard to believe that now." They brush his hand away, only then they start to feel like holding back tears is out of their control. "I understand you, but it's so unfair. Truthfully, I think I don't understand you at all. But it's easier for both of us if I just say I understand."

"I'm sorry."

"Why'd you have to cut me off? What're you trying to achieve by doing this!? Is your concept of composure being perfect and presentable, only caring for others when you're just putting up a facade of perfection!?"

"I genuinely didn't mean to make you feel this way." He pulls them into a tight embrace.

"You make it so hard for people to understand you Ayato." They wrap their arms around him, gripping his top hard enough for him to feel the nails digging into his skin.

"I wonder how people keep up these types of relationships. I can't see myself dating a single person for over a week."

"Shut up Childe a very emotional scene is happening." Kokomi steps on his toes again.

After five minutes, they part from the hug. (Y/n) takes a deep breath.

"So it's just a break. Like temporary break, not a full break up." They confirm.

"Yes."

"I still don't see why this is necessary but I'll respect your wishes."

Deep down, Ayato felt euphoric to see and hold his lover again. With everything feeling so dull and painful the past months he wanted to hold onto the affection. He could easily have it since they're dating, but didn't want to grow dependent on his feelings.

He leans in to give them a peck on the lips. But the look on (y/n)'s face gave I want more.

"Just one." He returns to give them a more passionate kiss. The three, being a third, fourth, and fifth wheel watched intently.

Kokomi is torn between squealing or wanting to squeeze the life out of Ayato.

"Boss Ayato... I kind of want to punch you. If you love someone who loves you back and there's no one forcing you to to separate then why." Momoyo shakes her head negatively.

"Right!" The longer haired lady agrees.

"I'll see you soon." Ayato leaves, restraining himself from doing anything more to (y/n). The other two thought his underling would've followed him when he left, but Momoyo still stood there.

Looking for them, the blonde artist passes by Ayato. The latter knew right away that he was going to see (y/n). Though it upset him he chose not to say anything, the rivals pretended they didn't see each other.

"Finally found you." Albedo walks up to his crush. "I saw Ayato walking. Did you two talk?"

"Yeah kind of. He told me that we're on a temporary break from our relationship. Cool down I guess." They shrugged their shoulders. Not too happy about it, but it could've gone worst.

"Do you want to go out for dinner? I'll treat you."

"Yeah! You should totally go and take (y/n) out for dinner to boost their mood. The three of us will just be heading home now hihi bye! I'll see you two tomorrow!" Kokomi grins, placing her hands on Childe and Momoyo's shoulders then pushing them to walk away with her.

"Bye Kokomi, Childe, and creepy stranger." They wave, then turn to Albedo to respond to his offer. "If I said no you'd insist."

"I'm glad you know."

"You spoil me too much."

"I'd do almost everything for you." He says in a quiet voice.

"Hmm? I didn't catch what you said sorry."

"I was just wondering where we should go eat."

"I'm in the mood for Jollibee today, how 'bout that?"

Albedo nods his head. "Of course."

The two leave the school grounds and have their early dinner at Jollibee. Afterwards taking a walk around the city until sunset.