[13] Don't love your sibling's lover

Happy 5k pfft

That was it. (Y/n) promised themself to avoid thinking of Ayato under a romantic light. Face it though, they'll probably fail to the next time they see his face.

But he isn't the priority right now.

By evening, (Y/n) has spent the past half hour awaiting a response from Ayaka through text message. They didn't recieve a response until another hour later while having dinner.

Instacat

New message from Ayaka (ʃƪ^3^)

Ayaka: Hey (y/n)!!! Sorry for the late response, just got back from a date hehe.

Ayaka: Guess who my date was!

Thoma : (Y/n)

Ayaka: hehe, yes.

And you said you were moving on? :(Y/n)

Ayaka: Weeelll stuff happened. Thoma was the one who confessed to me, I was so shocked. He explained the situation between him and Ayato, saying that my brother was manipulating him. I'm angry at Ayato but whatever, him and Thoma aren't together anymore.

Ah... Congrats to you then? I actually spotted you with Thoma at the amusement park yesterday so I messaged you earlier out of curiosity :(Y/n)

Ayaka: wait really? Why didn't you say hi??

It seemed obvious you two were having a date so I didn't want to disturb. So are you two a couple now? Or just going on dates. :(y/n)

Ayaka: We're a couple

Ayaka: After he confessed to me, I confessed to him. It was kind of embarrassing though, I started crying omg.

Aww. He better not break your heart, or he'll have made an enemy out of me. I do want to say something around the lines of "don't break my friend's heart or I'll break your neck" but I'm lacking in the strength department. : (Y/n)

Ayaka: [Laughing sticker]

By the way, what's Ayato up to? :(Y/n)

Ayaka: He's in his room. Why? Did something happen? I heard from him you came by looking for me as well.

Nothing happened. Does he know about you and Thoma? :(Y/n)

Ayaka: Not yet but I plan to tell him about it soon. I think he'll be fine, ever since the incident he's been reassuring me that he no longer has feelings for Thoma. He claims to like someone else now.

Ayaka: Speaking of that, do you have any clue who that might be? I think my brother was just saying all that to make me feel better, but he's been kind of different lately.

Ayaka: WAITTTT.....

Ayaka: I see him grinning while looking at his phone more than usual!

You're that interested into figuring out his new love interest lmaooo :(Y/n)

Ayaka: You aren't? It'll be fun teasing him to the person he likes without hurting myself this time.

Maybe a little... Alright, I'm going to finish my dinner and wash the dishes before my mom starts complaining. See you tomorrow Ayaka. :(Y/n)

(Y/n) lets out a long sigh. It was even more confusing now than before the not so surprise, surprise we're dating!

They assumed Ayaka was the one who confessed but no, it was Thoma who confessed first basically making the relationship happen. And to make it even more perplexing to them Thoma claims that Ayato manipulated him when at the café Ayato told them Thoma was being possessive?

What is really going on here? Who is telling the truth. It worried (y/n) to know it is possible that if Ayato did manipulate Thoma then he could be manipulating them too.

But what if it was no more than just a few simple misunderstandings?

Though really tugging at their heartstrings was Ayaka mentioning her brother liking someone. Ayato himself said it earlier that day, it wasn't Thoma he wants to hold in his arms.

They wished it was them but if they hold onto that hope it would definitely lead to pain and disappointment. But should it be anyone else (y/n) would still feel pain and disappointment.

Either way they were going to be disappointed. Even if by some slim chance Ayato likes (y/n) and they become a couple, the cereal painter would still be disappointed. They came looking for a tutor and found love, fun.

"(Y/n)? Something wrong? Your soup is going to get cold." Their mom points out. They've been staring at the slightly disheveled table linen the past few minutes after putting down their phone.

"Actually it has probably gotten cold minutes ago." She continues while her not-so child ignores the soup dilemma, audibly groaning.

"Dealing with people is hard ugh, emotions are complex and a pain in the ass. We can control our bodies but not the way we consciously feel and react to things."

"Going through stuff hun?"

"Kind of."

"And you could lessen the stuff you are going through if you finish your food and wash the dishes."

"Mom?! Ruude. I was emoting."

Their mom laughs at the forlorn expression on (y/n)'s face. They hastily finished the cold soup so they could be done with the dishes and sleep.

Brain, no more think. Sleep.