[9] Albedon't

Is the chapter title witty enough yet

---

' We do things in moderation because too much of one thing is never good for us.'

That was (y/n)'s far-fetched quotation to bring themself to personally justifying why Ayato did not want them around Albedo too often. Even so they weren't doing a great job at it a week later.

"You've improved a lot in such a short time." The blonde comments on (y/n)'s painting.

This after class, having no tutoring for the day, they decide to spend time painting with Albedo at his usual place in the finance building. Did he have a preference for being in the building of students that have their heads drowned in calculating statistical data? (Y/n) would rather go to the building of art students for a change of atmosphere.

"Thanks Albedo. Though I don't think I'm doing justice to the idea in my head."

"I can relate. What the world offers has such profound beauty that I will never be able to capture so perfectly."

(Y/n) deadpans. Their painting was just a bowl of fruit loops that for some reason they couldn't get out of their head. It was last week's breakfast and how often do you recall what you ate for any meal of the day a weak ago.

"(Y/n) may I ask you something unrelated to art by the way?"

"Go ahead."

"Does the Kamisato guy detest me?"

"Huh?" They distance the paint brush from the canvas before deciding to place it down on the easel. "Where'd that come from?"

"The other day he told me I shouldn't distract you from your studies by having you paint and make art. He said that while smiling too, so I couldn't be sure whether he was upset or was being genuine. Rest assured, I informed him that I in no way coerced you or made you draw by force."

"Uhh... Ok." (Y/n) just nods their head unable to respond. Was it really such a problem to be around Albedo? But I'm always around Kokomi too. Both are my friends. And I've been spending time with Ayaka as well.

"I don't know. I don't understand the things he does or says either. I haven't had any non tutoring related discussions with him lately."

"With who?" The man in question appears in the middle of their conversation. His long blue hair was tied back as if he had to do some physical work. "Nice painting you got there (y/n)."

"Ayato? I thought you were busy." They get cold palms upon seeing him, hoping he didn't overhear anything.

"I messaged you a few minutes ago and you weren't responding so I came to look for you where I thought I'd find you. I see you're busy with Albedo." He turns his gaze to the blonde, still smiling warmly.

Albedo just looked at him with a neutral expression, no greeting whatsoever.

"I was relieved to know you haven't coerced my student into painting with you. If you're ok with it, I'll be taking their time now."

"Really calling me your student now huh." (Y/n) frowned and started unconsciously packing their things.

"Go ahead." Albedo replies sounding almost annoyed.

"I'll leave my painting here to dry and will return later! See you later Albedo." (Y/n) waves as they leave with Ayato.

"I like the painting of yours. Could I have it once you've finished? I'll pay."

"The painting is just a bowl of fruit loops, you really want that? I mean sure I guess. You don't need to pay me, just take it as tutoring payment."

"If you don't want payment for it then I shall instead treat you at a café, does that sound better?"

"Fair enough, I haven't been to a café in a while. Oh and why were you looking for me?"

"Because I wanted to invite you to a café."

"So you were going to take me there regardless. Anyways, I guess I'll message Albedo to put my painting away somewhere once he's done back there since it'd be a hassle to come back here after leaving." (Y/n) takes out their phone to quickly send a message.

"Do you two talk often?"

"Not really."

---

The café Ayato brought (y/n) too was newly opened, with lovely ambience and wasn't crowded. They took a vacant table and a looked through the menu that was left there for them.

"Choose as much as you like." Ayato offers.

"As much as I like? You sure about that?"

"Yes." He smiles. His ever so warm smile to the point it felt weird.

"Ok then. I want creampuffs, a granola parfait, a slice of strawberry shortcake and a large red velvet oreo cheesecake frappe with 50% sugar extra oreo crumbs and additional pearls."

"Alright." He notions for a staff to come and take their order.

"Wait no Ayato I was joking— I can't finish that much by myself."

"We'll share then."

As a waiter comes by, Ayato repeats what (Y/n) requested as a joke word for word. The waiter leaves with the order soon after confirming it.

"You didn't order a drink for yourself?" They ask.

"I said we'd share."

"We can't share a drink! I'm ok with sharing the food but what are you going to do with the drink? Ask for an extra glass and have me pour the frappe in it?" (Y/n) almost appeared horrified. The option was ok but very questionable thoughts led them to thinking other things.

Ayato starts laughing. "I was just joking. Maybe. Anyways I'll go add my own drink to the order." He gets up to order his additional drink at the counter.

"Maybe?" They exhale. What's with all the sudden teasing, Ayato?

Before their order could arrive, a familiar figure enters the café and (y/n) just wanted to commit to being an ostrich.

Thoma.