Epilogue

The cool air that evening gave Thoma a cold chill, or perhaps it was that he is holding a human and their cat hostage. Something else felt strangely off regardless but he had an idea of what, or who.

A foot in heavy leather boots stabs through the door ungracefully, the sound had the sleeping cat and spiritually absent (Y/n) wake up to reality.

"Open the door Thoma." He pulled his foot out aggressively and kicked above the same area, making the hole larger.

"How can I do that when you're breaking my door down?" The blonde rushes to the door and bends down far enough for his head to be seen from the newly created damage. "Well hello there."

He swiftly gets back up and unlocks the door, his face meeting with brutal fists. (Y/n) swore they heard a bone crack.

"I think you broke my no—" Thoma is cut off but an uppercut to his gut and a follow up to his face again.

"Ayato!?" (Y/n) yelled. "I'm in here!"

Instant relief washed over Ayato after hearing their lover's voice, but it didn't quell his anger towards his ex. He rushed to the room where he heard the sound come from, aggravated by the sight of multiple locks. The wave of punches sent the man unconscious so he has to look for the keys himself.

"Or I break down this stupid door." He raises his voice, picking up a metal legged cushion chair and crashing it against the door with adrenaline fueling his strength.

A new door breaking record for him.

"I won't let anyone... Take the love of my life away from me." He proceeds to slam the chair over and over until there was a hole wide enough for him to enter.

As soon as (Y/n) could see his face they fumbled with words to say.

"Ayato wait! It sme—lls..." He tosses the chair aside and crashes into their arms before they could finish what they had to say. The smell definitely hit him, but he cared more about holding (Y/n) safely in his arms.

"I was so worried. Everyone was so worried."

"Thank you for coming to save me and Stocking. I was starting to think we'd really die here." They wanted to cry, but they were dangerously dehydrated. The feeling was rather painful instead.

"I'd never let anything happen to you; I'm sorry I took so long. I could've come sooner but I was being a dumbass. We need to get you out of here immediately, but I just need to settle something really quick. Wait here for a moment."

Ayato walks over to where Thoma layed, slowly regaining his consciousness and getting back up, fighting the pain he felt from a broken nose, probably broken rib, and a few lost teeth. He limps forward, loud hitched breathing and dizzy vision.

"Stocking no!" The cat dashes towards Thoma while (Y/n) was still processing everything, latching onto him to attack, and (Y/n) follows haphazardly only thinking to protect their cat.

Nothing seemed real to Ayato within those seconds, he could only feel his hand reaching out to pull out a knife, lunging forward blindly, the sound of his own breathing felt like it would explode his eardrums. It felt like he didn't have control over himself.

His lover trips, pushing aside the weakened man that fell to the floor too easily and toppling over the cat.

By the time Ayato realized what his blinded rage led him to do he had the knife plunged into his lover's waist and caught them from falling with their other hand.

"Holy shit." Ayato breathed out, looking at the mishap. "Fuck, fuck fuck fuck. Fuck!" He layed them down gently and frantically looked around for a cloth to tie around them to help with the bleeding.

"Ayato..."

"Shut up and let me think! I can save you... I can save you just trust me."

"I don't think I'll... Make this one." (Y/n) struggled to speak with the pain. "I'm too weak."

"I can do this!"

Thoma watched them in horror. He didn't know if this is what he wished to happen. Or perhaps he felt scared because Ayato will definitely kill him this time. He didn't intend for any of this at all, he didn't intend to lose Ayaka, his kid, or kill someone's friend. He didn't intend to have his ex stab his lover. But it was really all his fault. All of it.

But he's gone past redemption, even to himself.

He picks himself up and tackles Ayato down, pulling the knife out of (Y/n) and attempting to stab him.

"It was because I met you that I turned out like this!" Thoma screamed. Ayato's strength almost easily overpowered him, and the next thing he knew, the knife was back in the hands of the Kamisato.

"You killed my sister and you killed my lover!"

Stocking began licking (Y/n)'s face as the two fought.

"Nhh..." They attempted to speak but they were quickly losing consciousness. They were dying of blood loss and their last memory is their lover fighting a bloody battle with his ex. How they regret not even being able to say they love him one last time. When was the last time I ever told Ayato I loved him?

"You don't deserve to live! And I will send you to hell for you!" Ayato plunged the knife into Thoma's shoulder, receiving a bloodcurdling scream from him. He immediately pulled the knife out and plunged it back into him, repeating it over and over and over till his ex's body became lifeless and blood was splattered everywhere. A brutal, and depressing crime scene. There were only tears to wash down the blood that painted his cheeks.

After, he layed beside the lifeless body of his lover, his hand gently tracing over the features of their face. Stocking hissed at him, but remained at the other side of (Y/n), not leaving the spot.

"I love you (y/n). I refuse to love anyone else for the rest of my life." He whispered.

Him and Stocking went nowhere, until Yelan eventually found them and Ayato handed himself in. Guilty on two accounts of first degree murder and one account of third degree murder.

           "That's a depressing way end to this case." Yelan sighed as she put away files. "I hope this won't create anymore revenge driven criminals."

Kokomi briefly came to mind. The detective recalled how devastated many were during (Y/n)'s funeral. But there was a hint of unbridled anger in Kokomi's grieving.

"That girl with the long pink hair? Keep an eye on her."

---
A/n

And that's another genshin fic done from me! I probably won't write another genshin fic in a while since I want to write a new original story

I know I really rushed the ending but I hope u all enjoyed nonetheless< 3

Cheers! ~ Keira