Chapter 13: Basement Horror

A/N:

            WARNING: TALK OF RAPE AND ASSAULT SOMEWHERE IN THIS CHAPTER.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                         CONSIDER YOURSELVES WARNED.

3RD PERSON'S POV:

         She heard all of those footsteps. She thought that they have found her and basically her new dorm. She was scared. She frantically hid herself behind the big wooden boxes. She didn't know what to do. She was only trying to keep her tears as silent as possible, not even a whimper must escape. Her breath was ragged and uneven even though she tries to keep it steady. It was as if she expect them to hear her breath.

     She thought she was safe there hidden behind the boxes; but then, she suddenly remembered her stuff lying around there. Her make-shift mattress, her instant noodle, her unpacked clothes and her school bag; would be seen there. They wouldn't leave, obviously; since they already saw her personal stuff lying around in this basement. This only proved that someone is indeed living their life secretly here. This new found fear made her even  more frightened.

     Then, she heard the voices. It was a bunch of men. They weren't whispering around. Actually, they were basically yelling words at this point. No, this people are not some faculty members of the school that was trying to catch the student who was under their noses this time. This people, that are running around to find her were a bunch of youthful men. The faculty would never act this way or yell profanities as if it was the easiest thing in the world. 

   But what could they want? Kaede had nothing. She could give nothing to them. How did they even knew her existence in this rarely visited basement? Did they saw her snooping around? Did they saw the necklace tag on her chest? Is that why they were here? To make her suffer because she's just a mere pet?

        Steps...steps that are getting closer by seconds. That definitely means that someone is going to check her hiding spot. There, of course, they found her; pale and shaking. Scared look on her face as they force her our of her hiding spot. The man wearing a black shirt dragged her out and made her sit by her makeshift bed. They called called their "Leader" and whispered something at his ear. Incoherent words was the only thing she heard as she tries to know what's happening. A chuckle escaped the "leader's" lips.  

        She now noticed who the leader was as she tried to focus on them more. It was Mori Kirisaki. The leader of the Mori gang. They are known for their number of people and their closeness to the new student council led by that deceptive Momobami. They are also known for terrorizing the students who crosses them and their decisions. And of course, how their members "plays" with the pets. She now remember the two students that she helped in this same basement, these people are the ones who hurt them too. Is the same thing going to happen to her? All this time of her avoiding things like this, she survived a lot of months without being bullied to much and now here it is. Maybe it is inevitable for the pets like her to be exempted from getting hurt one way or another. Now she's just bracing herself for what'[s about to come. Maybe even preparing herself for life-threatening injuries or even death. These people could easily avoid the police, they'll probably just bribe them.