Chapter 18: Revolver

3RD PERSON'S POV:

                   It's been two months, and let's just say that Kirari's plans for Kaede are finally set in stone. In three full months of improvement, Kaede became a strong woman. Her eyes no longer resemble a pitiful woman that Kirari and Ririka saved from the basement, she's no longer  a pet. 

    Her debts are all paid. After this three months of transformation, she was finally given the permission to gamble. Kirari saw that she is ready to take back what she lost before when she's just a weakling. She made those addict gamblers in their class fall on their knees. 

       Haru was back in school for two full months . He is starting to get back on his feet. Sure, he was defeated by Kirari, but, he is a great gambler too. That is why, he's been doing great lately and has his own gambling den that he leads. Unlike the others, he is not addicted to gambling, just naturally good at it. He has seen Kaede multiple times, but never got the chance to even talk to her. For three months, he could only look at her running around in school trying to catch up to classes. After the classes, she also hurries out of the classroom and runs to the student council hall. Well, no one really sees her enter the hall so everyone thought that she's just excited to leave school and go home.

HARU'S POV:

(back to the past, 3 days ago at lunch time)

"Have you heard? The president said that today, there will be an event."

"I don't know what it is though."

"Oh, someone told me this morning that all of the pets will be given a a chance to gamble with the students that they have debts with."

"Really? Why the hell would the president think of something like that? Those dirty little peasants could never regain their status back no matter how hard they try."

"I know, right? What time would it start I want to watch."

"It should be starting by now" said the girl while taking a glance at her watch.

"We should go now." The two girls in the hallway started running to the main hall.

          Some student will be regaining their normal lives if they somehow win their gamble, I should at least watch. I was once like them. If that Momobami Kirari woman didn't showed up in my life, my family would never suffer the way they did. I followed those girls until the two big doors of the main halls were in my line of sight. When I got there, the main hall no longer looked like the way it should properly be. The lights were dimmed and the usual seats that are lined up are gone. Which are now replaced with gambling tables and sections. Each of those tables has two people wearing the same uniform that looks like a kid's orange rain coat, it even has cute designs. The students are everywhere, there is no waiting line, there is no order. They are just simply scattered around like pile of dirt. This is what Kirari has been doing at my school, she broke the order of the student It's like letting the animals in the farm run around in circle just to make a mess.

      Then, a beeping sound that came form the huge sound system of the school rang three times consecutively. It signaled everyone that it is going to commence. And well, it made the students on fire, they're so excited. A projector was placed in the middle of the stage ad it played a recorded video. It explained what the orange uniformed people are supposed to be. Turns out, they are the dealers of the game and the one who will be making sure that everything is in order while gambling and no one is cheating. It is also explained that an hour will be the time limit of this event. Which means that, the games that everyone will be playing is only going to be fast and only has a single round. Those who will be caught cheating will either be expelled immediately or gets a huge debt depending on the decisions of the student council members. If I remember it correctly, there are only three student council members right now. The president, the vice president and a girl named Runa Yumozuki, she looks like she's the leader of these orange coated dealers. The game and the rules will be changed every gamble and will be decided by the dealers.