Chapter 20: You Used Me

Short chapters ahead. On the way to the End.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HARU SAKAMOTO'S POV:

           After that little knock off game of Russian Roulette, I followed Kaede. But then, I lost her in sight. I tried to find her back in this cheering crowd, but still nothing. Until, Kirari Momobami showed herself in the stage with a microphone in hand. Then, she started to announce something.

       "Good day everyone. Today, we have given chances to those who are down under with their debts so they can try to redeem themselves. Few succeeded, and a lot of the lost. There's still next time, but for those who won, Congratulations. Before we end our gathering and go back to our classes. I have an announcement to make. The student council has found a treasurer. Would you please step up, Suzui Kaede-san?"

     That's what happened. Kaede became a  student council member. Is this the reason as to why she wouldn't talk to me these days? Is she really one of that woman's puppets? 

       After the gathering has ended, I followed her to her classes. There I confronted her before she entered her classroom. She wouldn't talk to me and tried to enter her classroom. But, I did my best not to let her. I asked her what is happening and she just answered me with a small smile and said "nothing is happening Late President Sakamoto". It was like I am talking to a different person. It was like she forgot about our friendship entirely. 

So this is what her plan, huh? To just use me until she sees a chance to push me aside and climb higher? I helped her all these years. I don't expect anything materialistic in return, all I ask of her is her friendship and for her to stand by my side. 

        I was about to leave because I no longer saw chance of being  friends with her. But then she talked and that made me stop from leaving.

"Check your account Haru, I paid all of my debts to you. Thank you for helping me. Please don't try to find or talk to me anymore. If it makes it better, I enjoyed your company a lot before; I simply can not be friends with you right now. Don't worry about your family or your future, Momobami will no longer make you suffer. Thank you."

That's what she said before stepping in to her classroom, not even glancing back at me.

    It took time to ponder about it. But she never intentionally used me. She was controlled. Momobami promised her of a better life and  a good life of her friends in exchange of her life. She became a slave to Momobami.

From now on, I will always do my best to free her.