Chapter 2

Turning his head, the first thing that Aster sees is a familiar pair of beautiful olive eyes.

Asher fixed the way he sits on his chair and gave his seatmate a cocky look.

"Isn't it such a huge privilege to received your congratulatory words, Ms. Who-don't-know-what-career-to-choose?"

Instead of getting mad at him, the woman tilted her head a little before giving him an innocent smile.

"Does it mean you are acknowledging how talented I am?"

"I am insulting you, stupid."

"Ah, really? Because it sounds like good praise in my ears."

"You must be having a problem in your ears, Seraphine Parr."

"You just have a few insults stored inside your simple-minded brain, Asher Myein."

Asher scoffed before rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever makes you sleep peacefully at night."

Because of his answer, the woman sitting beside him giggled happily. Asher pursed his lips before turning his head and stares at her pretty face. He may look bored and bland right now, but his inner self is actually bursting in compliments for her smile.

Watching her smile can bring the warmth inside his chest. She looks more beautiful with the way her face glows and her eyes lit up in delight. Sera definitely knows how beautiful she is, but probably has no idea what her smiles can do to his heart.

'Damn it. Stop simping too much for her, Asher!'

"You are really no fun, Ash. Smile a bit, can you? It will surely make your ugly face a little better."

"Ha-ha. Very funny." Asher sarcastically said before his lips made a sneer.

"Why are you irritated so early in the morning? Here. Wipe your sweat with it." Seraphine said before giving him a pack of tissue.

Asher accepted it without a word and starts wiping his sweat. He also uses this chance to steal a few glances towards Sera. She is wearing a black fitted tank top and a pair of skinny jeans that emphasizes not only the sexy curve of her body but also her pinkish-white skin. Her long hair is also tied in a high ponytail which makes it easier for Asher to see her evenly shaped neck.

Then his eyes lowered a little to see her collarbones. As expected, it is clean and free from any tattoos similar to his. There are no blotches of colors decorating her skin or any signs that show a word tattoo will appear under her collarbones too.

"What? Mesmerized with my beauty again?" Sera teased.

Asher's face crumpled in irritation before he returned the remaining tissues to Sera.

"Who wants to admire your face? Tch. I am just looking at your patch." Asher said while pointing her neck. "You are still using those suppressants?"

"Oh, this?" Sera asked before touching the suppressant patch on her neck. "It's only for safety measures."

"Ah?"

"There are three omegas who recently joined our clubs. They are too attached to me because of my scent."

"Isn't that annoying? If they are not yet ready to be mixed up with others, they should not join any clubs for now."

"Why are you so harsh, Ash? Those kids obviously have dreams and potential."

"But using too many suppressants will hurt your health, you know?"

"Aww. Does it mean you are worried about me? I'm so touched by your concern, Myein."

"You wish. I just don't want to deal with your annoying ass every time you get sick."

Sera stares at Asher with a raised brow before she shakes her head and lets out a snicker. Before he can throw another snarky comment towards the female alpha, their old professor finally entered the class. Sera gave him a smug look while Asher growled in frustration.

Asher and Sera stopped talking when their professor gave one student a stack of papers and start distributing it to them. Today is the last day of their examination. All of the students have to take their examinations so their professors can start computing their grades next week. After this day, they only need to finish their school projects, reports, and other requirements for the next month before they can graduate from college.

Asher needs to pass this exam or else, all of the efforts he gave to his club will be wasted. He already fucked up his previous exams because he was too focused on his role as the captain of their men's collegiate volleyball team. He only got a passing mark on his previous tests and it almost makes him lose his sports club position.

Fortunately, his professors took pity on him and gave him a chance. They gave Asher a second chance by telling him to perfect the eighty percent of his exams. If he still cannot do it, Asher might fail to graduate this year and he will not get his award as the MVP of his chosen sport.

When the professor gave his signal, the whole class starts answering their test papers. He forgets everything and starts remembering the lessons he reviewed last night. Half an hour had already passed and Asher is still too focused on answering his test papers. His mind is completely filled with numbers and equations until he smells the familiar and addicting scent that is coming from the female alpha sitting next to him.

Cinnamon and vanilla.

Asher quickly turned his head and saw Sera who removed her scent suppressant just now. Her scent is actually not too noticeable considering that their class is full of alphas like them. But Sera's addicting scent is something that is already imprinted in Asher's mind. It is also not helping that Sera is only a few inches away from him!
Only a whiff of her scent and she instantly put him under her spell.

"Mr. Myein, stop turning your head around and start answering your test papers!"

Asher tried to answer his professor back but decided to swallow his words and continue answering his test papers. He closed his eyes and tell himself to focus on his exams. But no matter how much he tries to hypnotize himself, Sera's scent is still lingering around his seat which makes him a bit excited and agitated.

'Damn it! Fuck these hormones!'