Chapter 11

"Thank you for hanging out with me today, Benette. I enjoyed our time together."

"Same as me. You just called me on time when I want to relax my mind after reviewing for my exams in a straight week."

"You are always taking everything seriously. Loosen up a bit, Benette. You are going to be okay in the future."

"Thank you. But I still want to do my best as long as I can."

"What a hardworking child you are."

"Sera, you are only a year older than me."

"A year older means I have a year advanced life experience than you."

"Stop talking as if you are already an old aunt."

"I am too pretty to be your old aunt."

"Tch."

Since Benette did not deny that she is beautiful, that put a huge smile on Sera's face. Asher must be rubbing off too much on her since she keeps on bragging her pretty face to her closest friends these days. She discovered that being called beautiful and pretty by other people does not feel that bad at all.

After Sera and Benette left the cafe, they go to the department store and bought the things that Sera will need for her project. Since it was still early when they finished buying the materials, the pair of cousins decided to look around and check the latest fashion trend these days. Soon, they lost track of time and their window shopping ended up on a shopping spree. Both of them bought all the clothes and shoes that fit their taste in fashion and left the mall with a lot of paper bags in their hands.

Sera does not feel guilty about it and so is Benette. In their minds, they are going to wear those clothes and shoes anyway. It is not like they will put these items to waste. Sera told herself that buying new clothes will add more variety inside her closet and she can do some mix and match to enhance her fashion style.

"Where are you going to stay tonight?" Sera asked.

"I will go home for tonight to fetch some of the things I left in my room." Benette said.

"Oh. I see."

"Do you need help to bring these things to your place?" Benette asked as he looks at the paper bags in Sera's hands.

"No, it's okay. I got this. These are not heavy at all." Sera replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yup! Bringing these is just an easy task."

"Alright. If you say so."

"And besides, I am actually doing you a favor."

"Huh?"

"You do not want to see Asher today, right?" Sera asked with a smile. "Unless you are missing him deep inside, I can make an excuse to bring you in my place so that Asher will meet you again."

"Tch. Who wants to see the face of that dumb alpha. Now that you mentioned it, I also think that you are strong enough to bring those things back to your unit. It is good to see you being healthy, Sera."

Sera merrily laughed seeing how her cousin changed his attitude after she mentioned Asher's name. He really has a huge grievance towards her best friend. But it is not like Sera can blame him for it. After all, Asher really did make a lot of mean pranks to Benette in the past.

"You should go back now, Benette. It is already late. Auntie Jean must be starting to get worried about you."

"Tch. Mom is still treating me like a kid." Benette complained with a frown on his face. "Didn't she realize that I am already a college student who can now take good care of himself?"