Chapter 37

"You screamed, Sera. I heard it." Asher said as he combed his wet hair using his fingers.

"Says the one who also screamed because the water hits his face." Sera refuted while untying her hair.

"Then it is a tie for now. Okay?"

"Alright." Sera easily agreed. "I'm going to buy a shirt first. How about you?"

"Of course I will also change my shirt. I don't want to—"

Sera stopped walking and noticed that Asher suddenly becomes quiet. Turning around, she saw him standing like a statue four steps away from her. With a raised brow, move closer to Asher and snapped her fingers on his face.

"Ash, are you okay?" Sera asked.

"Huh? Ah! Ah, yes. Yes. I just remembered that I have another extra shirt in my bag. Do you want to use it instead?"

Sera looks at Asher with squinted eyes. He is suddenly acting suspiciously. Sera does not want to call him out for his obvious lies yet so she just let it go and turn around again. But as she continued walking, Sera did not notice the dim expression on Asher's face.

Sera decided not to borrow Asher's shirt this time. She does not want to repeat what had happened when he gave her his jersey. Something that had happened between them almost became uncontrollable at that time. Fortunately, Sera regained her senses before they got lost in the moment.

After buying a shirt at the souvenir shop, Sera and Asher separated for a while to change their clothes. Sera frowned in front of the mirror while looking at the teal shirt that she bought. For an expensive shirt like this, the fabric of it is too thin for her liking. But because her shirt got wet, she has no other choice but to use it for today.
After tying her hair, Sera put another suppressant patch on her neck. Then she put her wet shirt inside a plastic bag and put it inside her bag. Sera made a mental note to wash it as soon as she gets home. When she stepped out of the changing room, Asher is already waiting for her outside.

It seems like he did not yet notice her. Sera looks around first and as expected, a few people are looking in his direction. Unlike her, Asher is not wearing any scent suppressant so they can smell a faint of his vanilla scent. The male alpha does not feel any discomfort being watched by a lot of people. After all, he is already used to having the spotlight all to himself.

"Ash." Sera softly called his name.

She thought it will be impossible for him to hear her voice since they are in a noisy place and a lot of people are walking around the amusement park. But male alpha quickly turned his head to look at him. He even raised his hand to wave at her.

"So where do you want to eat?" Sera asked as she walked towards him.

"As long as they sell cold drinks and fries, then I'm good." Asher replied.

"So much for an athlete who needs to maintain his body weight. You need to stop eating junk foods."

"Nah. I can easily lose the food I eat since we always have our practice. And besides, I only eat that food once or twice a month."

"Sure. If you say so~!" Sera said in a singsong voice.

"Tch."

Soon, they find a food tent that sells different snacks like pizza, fries, waffles, and tacos. Sera ordered four slices of cheesy beef pizzas, two chocolate waffles, and a medium cup of fruit soda while Asher ordered a big bucket of fries, small-sized chicken tacos, and a large cup of soda. When they saw the orders of each other, they both snickered while taking their seats.

"That's a lot of junk food, Asher. Especially that bucket of fries."

"Says the one who ordered four slices of pizzas."