Chapter 34

"What are you thinking right now? You are smiling although my brother just missed his serve." Aster asked with a raised brow.

"Hmm. Am I not allowed to be happy to see Ash's misery for a moment?" Sera asked and tries to cover up the fact that she is reminiscing about the past.

"Well... I guess you can do that too." Aster replied with a chuckle.

The two of them saw Asher looking at them. Aster showed his thumbs down to his brother while Sera just waved her hand. Before Asher can snarl or bicker at them, Terrence pushed him from the back before he waves at Aster. Seconds after that, the referee blows his whistle already indicating that the game has started again.

"He is such an idiot." Aster said with a smile.

"Hmm... Sometimes. But don't tell him that I agreed with you. I will never hear the end of his rants to me." Sera replied.

"Heh. That's for sure." Aster said with a small laugh. "He always likes to prove in front of you that he is the best."

"He is indeed an idiot. Ash does not really need to do that though. Asher is already the best for me because he always gives his all in everything he does."

"Tell him that and my brother will surely have a broad smile on his ugly face all day."

"I'm sorry to break this to you, but Asher is your identical twin."

"Unfortunately." Aster said with a sigh.

Aster and Sera looked at each other before they start laughing again.

"But seriously, you should tell him that. Asher is in a bad mood yesterday because he kept on missing his sets in their practice." Aster explained.

"Oh. No wonder his scent is a bit different earlier." Sera said while nodding her head.

"Yeah. That's why I am asking a favor from you to make him feel better. I do not want to spend another night seeing his ugly face and his annoying scent."

Although Aster's words are full of complaints, Sera can still see that he is actually worried about his brother. A frustrated Asher Myein is sometimes worrisome. That proud alpha tends to overthink especially when he messed up on something that he has to care about. He will sometimes become lost in his own thoughts and sometimes forget the things around him.

"Why are you asking me this, Aster? I am just his friend." Sera asked without looking at the omega beside him.

Aster did not say anything immediately after that. They both silently watch the players doing a long rally. The rally lasted for almost two minutes and it was stopped when Terrence spiked the ball so hard that it landed on their enemy's court. If someone will watch the game from other perspectives, they will really think it is an official game instead of a practice match. It is because of the fierce and serious expressions of the players in the court.

"You know... I also thought that you and Asher will stay together forever." Aster suddenly said.

Sera suddenly laughed when she heard it.

"You have an interesting way of saying that you are also thinking that me and Asher are soulmates." Sera said.

"That..."

Aster suddenly becomes flustered. Sera quickly noticed it and she raised a brow at him.

"Easy there, Aster. It is a good thing that we put a patch on your neck. Or else, if your alpha smells the small changes on your scent, he will definitely not let me off the hook that easily." Sera joked.

"Terrence is not like that." Aster tried to defend his boyfriend.

"I am not saying it is a bad thing though. I just know for a fact that no alpha will stay calm if their partner is in a distressed mood." Sera lightly said.

"Oh."

"Anyway, you do not have to be careful around me when it comes to our soulmate. Asher and I clearly understand it."

They suddenly heard applause from the other people watching the game. Asher just ended the first set with his powerful spike and the enemy players did not manage to dig for the ball and the ball made a loud sound when it landed on their court. When Asher looks in their direction, Sera waves her hand and mouthed the words 'You're the best!' at him. And surely, it put a huge smile on his face.

"Sera, I know my twin. He is a stubborn one." Aster said while looking at his brother.

"Asher is stubborn, but not fool enough to dismiss all the things around him. Asher is aware of the consequences if he still stupidly choose me in the end."

Aster cannot help but feel a trace of bitterness for his twin brother and Sera. They want to stay on each other's side, but that is impossible. They are both destined to other people and their different soulmate marks are the proof for it. Both twins haven't seen Sera's mark. But they know that she is hiding it from them.

Aster really wished that Sera is his brother's soulmate. But every time he thinks about that, it will always be followed by his 'what-ifs' questions.

What if the person destined for them is really their match? What if the feelings that Sera and Asher have for each other are just infatuation and not true love? What if the person that is destined for them is also in love with another person? Are they finally allowed to be together if that is the case?

"You two are indeed twins."

"Huh?"

Turning around, Aster saw Sera looking at him with an amused smile on her face.
"You are also quick to be lost in your own thoughts, Aster." Sera replied.

"Sorry."

"There's no need for that."

Sera stares at Asher for a moment. He is currently busy talking to his team. He really has the ability to be a good and responsible captain for his volleyball team.

"Aster, there is no need for you to think too much about our future. Asher and I are just enjoying the moment. We are just going to think about what to do next if his soulmate will suddenly appears. Okay?"

Aster still wants to say something. But after seeing Sera's soft smile on her lips, Aster swallowed the words he wants to say and decided to put an end to their topic.