Chapter 35

"Sera!"

Before she can even turn around, Asher is already on her side and his arm is quickly draped on her shoulders. He has a wide smile on his face. With an amused smile on her lips, Sera tilted her head so she can have a proper look on Asher's face.
"You saw it, right? The last serve I did on the last set." Asher excitedly asked.

"Hmm." Sera hummed in agreement. "You really did it, Ash. I did not expect that you will put more strength on your serves. It is really powerful."

"Right?! Ha! Sera, did you see the faces of our opponents earlier? They obviously did not expect that I will give them a powerful serve on our last point."

"But aren't you worried now that you showed them that you have another powerful serve to use?" Sera asked with a raised brow.

"Nah. That serve earlier was just an appetizer. I still have more surprises for them on our official match next week." Asher said with a proud smile on his face.

"Oh. And now you are back from being a smug wolf, huh?" Aster suddenly said. He feels a bit displeased being ignored by his twin brother although he is standing next to Sera.

"I am not being smug. I am just telling the truth." Asher replied. "Anyway, it was nice seeing you here too!"

"As if I will go here because of you."

"Yeah, yeah. Keep convincing yourself like that, little brother."

"You are only than me by four minutes!"

"Four minutes is still four minutes. Now call me, big brother."

Sera let out a sigh when she sees the irritated look on Aster's face while Asher is looking at him with his famous victorious smile. To stop the twins from fighting, Sera put her hand on Asher's back and balled his shirt before pulling it. That obviously got Asher's attention away from his twin.

"Since you are claiming to be the older twin, then stop irritating Aster." Sera scolded him.

"What? Are you taking his side now? Sera, I am your best friend!" Asher whined.

"Continue acting like that and Aster will be my new best friend." Sera said with a deadpanned expression on her face.

"I see that you three are having fun here."

A scent of mint suddenly appeared on their place until a man gently pulled Aster's head and put a kiss on his temple. It was Terrence. They all heard Asher click his tongue but no one paid attention to it.

"How are you?" Terrence asked his soulmate. "No one bothered you while watching our game, right?"

"I'm not weak, Rence." Aster replied while rolling his eyes. "And Sera is with me anyway."

"I know." Terrence said while eyeing the patch on Aster's neck.

"Why the long face?" Sera asked and crossed her arms. "Bothered that my scent is attached on Aster?"

When Terrence looked at Sera, she has an innocent smile on her face. Terrence is already familiar with the female alpha. He always hears a lot of stories about her from Aster. Based on his stories, Sera can be considered as his sibling because she grew up with the twins and is one of the people who are ready to give Aster assistance whenever he needs help.

Terrence can say that he is now friends with Sera. Unlike Asher who is too obvious with his overprotectiveness towards his twin brother, Terrence noticed that the female alpha is just quietly observing him. Sera never said a word to him whenever she sees him spending time with Aster. She will just look at them and continue with her business.

But still, an alpha like him will always have their own possessiveness deeply carved on their bones. Although Sera is just obviously being a good sister to Aster, he still does not like it when there is another scent lingering around his partner. He still hasn't put his mark on his soulmate but it does not mean Aster does not belong to him. Smelling a scent coming from another alpha on his partner's body will always put Terrence in a bad mood.

"Easy there, buddy. I am not taking anything from you." Sera said with a soft laugh when she quickly noticed the dim expression on Terrence's face. "But if you want, I can remove the patch on Aster's neck for you."

"There is no need for that." Terrence said in a low voice.

Terrence removed the patch on Aster's neck by himself. The scent of rich chocolate quickly hit his nose which made him feel a little better. When he take a quick look in Sera's direction, Terrence did not see any changes or reactions on her face. She remained standing next to Asher who is looking at them with an annoyed expression on his face.

"If you two are just going to act like this in front of us, then Sera and I will take our leave." Asher announced as he turned around with Sera still in his arm.

"Hmm? Are you not going to say goodbye to your teammates?" Sera asked.

"They are already capable of doing their own things. They don't need their captain all the time." Asher replied.

"Oh, okay."

Sera looks at Terrence at Aster for a second to say goodbye to them. The couple just watched the two alpha walk away until they can no longer see their backs. When Terrence turned his head, he saw Aster has a troubled look on his face.

"What is it?" Terrence asked his partner.
"I am just worried about those two." Aster honestly replied. "I know it is not my business already but I don't want either of them to get hurt."

Oh right. There is another reason why Terrence does not feel angry or agitated whenever he smells Sera's scent on Aster sometimes. It is because Aster trusted him and told him before about the situation of Asher and Sera. He is just being stupid sometimes for showing his possessiveness towards Aster in front of Sera although he knows that she has zero romantic interest in his partner.

"They are old enough to know what is wrong and what is right. Aster, you should trust them more." Terrence comforted him.

"I know." Aster said before letting out a sigh. "I just can't help but feel a bit lost thinking about the reality that they are not destined to be together."

Terrence did not say anything after that. He just pulled Aster close and wrapped his arms around his body to comfort him. He does not know what it feels like to love someone who is not destined to be with you in the future. Terrence can only think that it must be a terrible thing to feel.