Chapter 17

The incident that happened in their school was quickly dismissed after it was discussed by the students in the academy. It is because having an omega who suddenly suffered from their heat while they are in school is something that is not new for them. There are really a few cases that it happened before in school.

But for Jessie, it was reported to Sera that she is no longer a part of her club. Their professor talked to her that Jessie becomes attached and fascinated with her so much. The professor does not need to elaborate it too much for Sera to understand what he is trying to say. In the end, Sera is only advised to be more mindful of how she treats her juniors and the other students in their school.

But although that incident was quickly dismissed in the other students' minds, it was different for Asher. Every time he remembers it, the first thing that he will immediately recall was Sera's words saying she is wishing for his soulmate to enter his life as soon as possible. That female alpha indeed knows exactly where and when to hurt his feelings.

Three days had already passed since that incident. The students together with Sera and Asher continued with their daily lives in school and always keep their good grades so they can graduate this year. Moreover, Sera is acting normal as if she did not hurt Asher's feelings.

Asher sometimes wished she does not have any power over his feelings so that she cannot affect him like now. He also once wished in the past that his feelings for Sera is just a fleeting moment only. Asher tried to convince himself that he is just having a small crush on Sera because she is always hanging out with him.

But his heart betrayed him more than once and proved that his feelings for that female alpha is not only a fleeting moment and certainly not a simple crush either. Every time he stares at her, his heart is always beating so fast that he feels scared that Sera can hear it too. He always yearns for her presence whenever she is away from him. He also craves her attention even if it is only a simple glance from her or the smile that always appears on her lips whenever they banter playfully with each other.

He really falls deep for that woman and Asher does not know how to stop. Even his inner wolf is always seeking her presence. It is such a weird situation where an alpha seeks another alpha's attention. But Asher had already accepted that he is different from the others.

Asher sometimes wonders what will happen if his soulmate suddenly decided to appear in front of him. Is he going to feel burdened or happy? Is the love that he can feel for Sera will suddenly disappear in just a blink of an eye? Is he going to yearn for them just like how his twin brother wishes to be with his soulmate most of the time?

But even if Asher is curious about his soulmate, he is actually wishing deep inside that they will never appear in front of him forever. Asher knows the things and ideas that he has about his soulmate are not all good. Either they wished them to fall in love with another person too or he always imagine them dead or they are in a condition between life and death.

Asher had already made a lot of researches about soulmates. One of his findings is about those people who have a dead soulmate. This is a rare case when their other half had already passed away and they are not given a chance to meet each other.

The sign that you had already lost your other half is the fading of colors around your soulmate mark. If your soulmate had died, the color of their shared mark will turn into a light shade of gray. It is to indicate that your other half can no longer bring colors to your life and a sign that you had lost something important in your life.

Looking at his soulmate mark, it seems like Asher's other half is still alive and doing well. The vivid color blotches on his skin are too eye-catching every time he wears something that has a loose neckline. And every time the other people see his soulmate mark, some of his friends will tease him that his other half will surely fall deep in love with him.