Chapter 45

The knowledge that Asher can hear Sera's voice right now is a very tempting situation for him. All he can think of right now is his desire to be on the same bed with Sera and do all the wonderful things he can do to her body until she screams in passion and ecstasy.

His resolve to ignore and avoid Sera during his rut is slowly melting into a puddle. His inner wolf is screaming at him to get his damn phone and answer Sera's call. Even if he cannot bring Sera on his bed, hearing her melodious voice will be enough for now. That is how desperate Asher is just to put Sera's presence around him.

With great difficulty, Asher pushed himself off the bed and walked towards the kitchen with great difficulty. He feels like his body is made of rock that prevents him from moving around his place. When he reached the kitchen, his phone is still ringing and it looks like it will not stop anytime soon.

Asher will definitely laugh at his own stupidity if not for the throbbing pain he feels all over his body. He just realized that putting his phone on top of his cupboard is a useless thing to do. It is because he can easily get his phone on top of it thanks to his huge height.

With squinted eyes, Asher saw Sera's picture showing up on his screen. It is a photo she had taken on his phone last year. She is smiling brightly in that photo while wearing his cap. Since Sera does not want him to use it as his wallpaper, Asher decided to use it as a photo for her contacts on his phone.

With trembling hands, Asher slowly slides the green button showing on the screen. A few seconds later, Asher finally heard the voice that he wish to hear at this moment.

(Asher.)

"...Sera."

His voice is raspy and rough. It is probably because he keeps on growling and screaming due to the aggressive pain and unbearable heat that he can feel in his body. Asher can guess that he will damage his throat more for the next few days until his rut disappeared.

Sera, on the other hand, did not know what she is thinking right now. She should be avoiding Asher since today is the first day of his rut. Alphas are usually more aggressive on the first and last day of their rut cycle. Sera knows it well because she cannot even recognize herself whenever she tries to recall the things she did on the first day of her cycle.

(Sera...)

Although she knows they are miles away from each other, Sera can still feel Asher's breathe on her ear that sends a shiver on her spine. His raspy voice on the other line is not helping her case too. It must be the effect of Asher's cycle.

"How are you?" Sera asked in a light voice.

(...I feel like shit.)

Then Sera heard soft footsteps. Asher is probably walking around his apartment right now. Soon, she heard a soft noise of sheets rustling on the other line.

(Sera...)

This time, Asher's voice called her name with a soft growl.

"You are still at the first peak of your rut." Sera said in confidence.

(So what?! Are you going to help me pass this damn feeling, huh?!)

Sera did not put his harsh attitude to heart. His aggression and irritation are obviously mixing up together. Sera can also hear his rough breathing as if Asher runs a lot of kilometers and he is now running out of breath. Sera feels pity for Asher deep inside.

If she can only help him ease the pain.

(Sera, please talk to me...)

"Why?"

(Just keep on talking... I... I miss you...)

"Alright. Save your breathe now, Ash."

(Damn it! I am not yet dying!)