Chapter 12

"You look like a zombie."

"Good morning to you too, Myein."

Sera passed him by and decided to sit at the back today. Two of their classmates that has a bigger build can make a good cover away from their professor's eyes. She is actually planning to take a nap later once their professor starts his lesson for today. Sera just want to earn the few minutes of sleep she lost earlier.

But maybe that will not happen today.

At the corner of her eyes, Sera saw Asher standing up from his seat with his backpack. He strides towards her and occupied the vacant chair beside her. When she let out a sigh, Asher gave him a weird look.

"Go back to your seat." Sera said.

"We have no permanent seats." Asher replied.

"But you are usually occupying the front chair."

"Not today. I feel like sitting at the back today. I think the air from here is cooler than the front."

"I want to take a nap, Ash. Go away."

"Then do it. Do you even need my permission or what?"

"You will only distract me."

"Oh? But why? Because you finally realized I am the most handsome man in our school?"

"You know what? I will just move to another chair again."

Before Sera can stand up from her seat, Asher placed his arm around her shoulders to prevent her from leaving.

"Chill, Sera. Why are you so irritated today? Who among your juniors disturb you this time?" Asher asked.

"And you choose to blame my innocent juniors?"

"Innocent, my ass." Asher replied with a scoff. "Your juniors are never innocent to begin with."

Most of Sera's juniors are packs of omegas who always seek her attention. Mostly, they are seeking protection by asking Sera to put her scent on them. By scenting an omega, it only means that the alpha who did it recognized them as one of his pack. It also serves as a warning that whoever touches them will not escape an alpha's rage.

Those single omegas in Sera's club sometimes ask her to put her scent on their wrists. That part is already irritating in Asher's eyes. But what irritates him more is Sera herself. With a smile on her pretty face, Sera will sometimes rub her cheek on their wrists or give them a short hug which can transfer her scent to them.

Scenting is usually done by their other half to establish their position and to announce to the world who is their mates. But unfortunately for Asher, only a few of those omegas had already found their soulmates. Unmated omega usually asked their trusted alpha friends or relatives to scent them. It is for them to feel secure and safe all the time.
That's why when Sera becomes the president of their club, it is now easier for Asher to know if those students he met on the campus is music club member or not.

"Do you have anything against with my juniors, Asher? You are always targeting them whenever you find a chance." Sera said with a raised brow.

"Tch."

Instead of answering, Asher just clicked his tongue before adjusting his position on his chair. Sera did not try to pursue their topic. Instead, she crossed her arms and leaned her back on the chair.

"You did not answer my question yet. Why are you so moody today?" Asher asked.

He cannot smell her scent because of those damned scent suppressants on her neck. But he can easily detect the changes in her mood by just observing her facial expressions and body language. Asher is confident in this one because he has been observing Sera since they were still a pair of young children.