Chapter 19

"What a fierce look you have there, kid." Martin commented with a smile. "This little bunny over here did not mention that she is actually raising a fierce wolf."

Asher openly growls at him but Martin ignored it. Instead, he let go of Asher's hand and pulled the young woman next to him so he can put a hand on her nape. Before Sera can react, Martin slides his fingers on her skin down to her shoulder blade. Because of his actions, Asher finally snapped and viciously grabbed the hand that is resting on Sera's nape.

"What the actual fuck are you doing right now?!" Asher growled at Martin.

His action just now is too intimate in Asher's vision. For some of them, Martin's action just now can be misinterpreted as a gesture of intimacy. He even has a knowing smirk on his face. Before Asher can attack him, Martin slowly opened his mouth.

"What do you mean by that? I have every right to do this with Sera. Or maybe you didn't know what kind of relationship that we have?"

Then Martin turned his head to look at Sera. She is looking at him with a baffled expression on her face.

"You keep on telling me stories about this older twin and yet you never mentioned me to him?"

"What?" Asher dumbfoundedly asked.

"Oh, I see. Based on your reaction, my Sera here did not really mention me to you at all."

My Sera?

What the actual fuck is that?

And what is the meaning behind those words? Is Sera have a relationship with Martin Guevarra? But what kind of relationship is it? Saying those vague words, does it mean he is her...

No. It cannot be. That is impossible. With just one look, Asher knows that it is impossible to happen.
Asher mindlessly turned his head to look at his twin. He is also obviously confused about what is happening right now. Aster is also mirroring the same questioning expression he is having right now. If Asher does not anything about Martin Guevarra, then it only means his younger twin will be equally confused and lost as him.

"Ah. I'm hurt, Sera. And here I thought I am your favorite. Why didn't you tell your friends anything about me?" Martin asked Sera as he tilt his head in front of her.

"I just...forgot." Sera whispered while trying to avoid their gazes.

"Wow. I guess all of your flattery towards me is just lip services, huh."

"Maybe."

"Stupid. You should deny it."

While Sera and Martin are bantering with each other, they did not notice that Asher suddenly becomes quiet. He is just watching his girl being too close with another alpha. Although Asher cannot smell his scent, he can still tell that Martin is alpha too.

It may not be obvious to others, but the way Martin stand proudly next to Sera is a silent gesture that tells him she is considered as one of his close acquaintance. Another proof for it was Sera herself. She did not even flinch or get agitated when Martin put his hand on her nape just a few moments ago.

Asher has a lot of questions in his mind. These questions are all related to Sera. But he is careful not to let it become obvious on his face right now. Asher does not want to look like a fucking dumbass in front of another alpha.

His pride and his inner wolf will never let him become a laughing stock in front of another alpha like him.

But among the questions playing inside his head, there is one thing that bothers Asher a lot. It is a question that he always wishes not to happen in his life. He can accept anything except for this one.

When Martin said they have a relationship, is he indirectly telling him that he is Sera's soulmate?

Asher has no other way to confirm it unless they both showed their soulmate marks on him. And that part is the most frustrating for him right now because he has no fucking idea about Sera's mark. No matter how much he asked her about it, Sera will always coldly reject him while offering him the words that she will only show it to him once her soulmate has come to find her.

"Sera, you should be more considerate with your friends. How can you let them be hidden in the dark? Aren't you afraid that they will hold a grudge against you?" Martin said in a helpless voice.

"Can you please stop saying those things in front of my friends? You are giving them a wrong idea." Sera said before letting out a sigh.

"Misunderstanding? We do not need to have any misunderstanding since our relationship is very clear from the start."

"I am starting to regret why did I let you meet me today."

"You just definitely miss me, that's why."

"I forgot that you sometimes have an awful personality."

"Awful? I have the kindest personality that you can ever find."

"Please stop lying in a broad daylight."

They continued throwing teasing words with each other in front of the twins. Aster gave his older twin a worried look. Asher stopped talking for a while now and he is now watching Sera teasing with another alpha. Aster is actually worried that Asher's reaction indicates the calm before the storm.

"Sera, can I ask you a question?" Aster suddenly said.

"Of course. What is it?" Sera replied and looks at him.

"Well..."

Aster looks at Martin for a second before returning his gaze to Sera.

"It may be a rude question, but... Is Mr. Martin your soulmate?"

Aster is biting the bullet here. He took the initiative to ask Sera about it because he knows Asher is also dying to ask that question to her.