Chapter 16

"Sera, wait—"

"Let me go!"

"Sera, listen—Damn it! I said stop!"

"And I told you to let me go!"

Both of them are now using their alpha voices while shouting at each other. It was not intentional on Asher's part. He was just too frustrated with Sera who keeps on walking away from him. When she didn't budge no matter how much he talked with her, he subconsciously used his Alpha voice to command her.

But it was obviously a blunder. Even if he uses his Alpha voice, Sera will not listen to it. In fact, it does not affect her. He stupidly forgets for a second that Sera is also an alpha.

Triggered by Asher's change of voice, Sera answered him back with her Alpha voice. But this time, it was different from the voice she used to Jessie earlier. Sera knows that she is answering Asher back with an obvious growl to show her dissatisfaction.

The two alphas stare at each other for a moment until Asher backed down first. He slowly closed his eyes and take a deep breath. If Sera is not the one who is in front of him, Asher will definitely not let the other alpha win against him. He has his own arrogance and confidence to flaunt in front of the others that wordlessly tell them that 'he is the best' right in front of their faces.

But it is different if Sera is the one he is facing. The female alpha has control over him whether she knows it or not. Asher will initiatively stop showing his arrogance in front of her. If someone will tell his friends that Asher Myein is lowering his pride for another alpha, they will surely laugh at it while saying he will never bend himself to others.

But contrary to their beliefs, Asher had already surrendered his pride in front of Sera a lot of times already. But he is not ashamed of it. For him, Sera is the only one worthy of his respect. Even his inner wolf is approving this idea.

In short, they are both fucked.

For them to show their loyalty to a person who is not even their soulmate is already a bad idea. They are already too attached to Sera that they will become so lost if her soulmate or his soulmate will one day appear in front of them. But Asher is always hoping that it will never happen. And when he said that, he means he is actually hoping their soulmates will never appear in front of their faces.

"Sera, we should talk. You are too agitated." Asher said in his normal voice. He does not want to argue with her using their alpha voices since it is useless anyway.

Sera did not lower her guards for a couple of minutes. She remained glaring at Asher. Soon, she carefully closed her eyes and turned her head. It is actually exhausting to fight with a person who does not want to fight you back.

"Sera, listen—"

"Stop." Sera whispered enough for Asher to hear. "Just keep a few meters distance away from me."

"What is your problem this time?" Asher asked with a frown.

"Her scent is still lingering on my body." Sera explained. "If you touch me, her scent will just be transferred to you."

Asher try to say something but he quickly closed his mouth. Now that she mentioned it, he can really smell an irritating scent that is mixing with Sera's calming scent. Asher does not really like it when he can smell another scent from her. Asher knows that he is being ridiculous but his instinct to keep the woman he likes all to himself is overpowering his logical thinking sometimes.

Sera ignored the gloomy look on Asher's face and she looks around their surroundings. She did not notice they are now inside the old gymnasium behind their university. It seems like while her head is still buzzing due to her long exposure to an omega's heat scent, her body was on auto-pilot and moved away from the crowd as far as possible. It was only Asher who patiently followed her until they both reached the old gymnasium.