Chapter 49

"—phine."

"..."

"Seraphine Parr!"

"...Hmm?"

Blinking her eyes, Sera saw Tori waving his hand right in front of her face. He has a mixture of helplessness and a worried expression on his face. When Tori sees that he finally gets her attention, he let out a sigh and rests his back on his chair.

"It is really hard to get your attention these days, Seraphine. Although we are spending our time together, it seems to me that you are not really here with me."

"I'm sorry."

"You hurt my feelings. Now, compensate me."

"Compensate you, huh? How about you compensate me for all the snacks you ate from my bag? I cannot remember asking if you want to eat them or not anyway."

"You do not have to be like that, Seraphine. I was just joking about you hurting my feelings."

"Hmph. Such a cheap stake alpha you are."

"But a handsome and talented one too."

"Sure. Oh well. Whatever that can help you sleep well at night."

"Hey!"

"Anyway, so why are you here again?"

"Visiting you."

"I am not sick."

"But you are sleepy. So I am here to offer my lap to be your special pillow."

Sera feels like her headache will become more severe now that Tori is here with her right now. Sera is continuously practicing in the music room when someone opened the door. Soon, she smells the scent of sugar and apples in the air. Turning around, Sera saw Tori leaning on the door just like she expected.

For the past four days, Tori has been visiting her in the music room. Either he is there to pester her or he will just sit next to her while trying to get a few hours of rest before his basketball practice. Tori is also the one who always reminds Sera to have a rest too or eat her food on time. Sera knows to herself that she has a habit of overwork and forgetting about things especially her health. And it seems like Tori noticed it right away so he take the role of being her food guardian to keep her hydrated and her stomach full.

But there are times when Sera wants nothing to do but to flick his forehead until it swells because of his foolishness.

Just like what he did just now. Tori visited her as usual, he sit next to her, opened her backpack as if he owns it, and choose all the snacks from her cupboard that she brought in case she gets hungry and become too lazy to go to the cafeteria. And that shameless alpha ate the snacks while asking her to continue playing the piano. He even gave her a face to ask if she wants to eat the snack too and that she can always have one as long as she ask him.

Sera did not try to bother with him. Ever since she accidentally know him when they met in a particular place, Sera has quickly detected his shamelessness and weird personality. But still, Sera will never deny that he is also a kind and selfless person. Tori can easily help her and Sera knows it is not because of their marks.

The first time their paths have met, Sera knows that Tori is the one she is looking for. Tori must be feeling the same because quickly approached her after knowing about her mark. After learning all the things he needs to know, Tori did not hesitate to offer his hand. Sera hesitated to reach for his hand. But she does not want to lose her chance and erased the hesitation in her heart and firmly holds Tori's hand.
"Seraphine, you are spacing out again." Tori said that brings Sera back to the present.