Chapter 31

"I am really happy that you visit us today, Sera." Marianne sincerely said.

"Auntie, I'm sorry if I can't visit you lately. I..."

"Sera, it's okay. We all know that you are busy. I am just glad that you are doing fine."

Sera suddenly feel guilty all of a sudden. They are not fools. They all know that Sera is intentionally avoiding them. But they still try to understand her and pretended that they did not know anything about it. They even always check up on her and keep on reminding her that they will wait for her whenever she is ready to see them again.

When she lifts her gaze, Sera accidentally saw the scar on Marianne's chest. The woman also noticed her line of sight and wants to cover her scar but Sera stopped her. Though she still feels worried about it, Marianne did not try to cover it and waits for Sera's next words.

"Auntie... Can I... Can I touch it?" Sera asked.

"Of course, dear." Marianne readily responds.

Marianne unbuttoned the first three buttons of her dress just enough to show Sera the scar on her chest. It is now completely healed and the scar on her chest is the only reminder of the operation she undergo two years ago. Sera carefully touched the scar and gently traced it with her fingers.

"Does it hurt?" Sera quietly asked.

"No." Marianne replied with a smile. "I had a quick recovery and I was showing a positive result several days after my surgery."

"Do you still take your medicines?"

"I have a few vitamins and maintenance to take every day. But aside from it, I am healthy and living well these days."

"That's good to hear, auntie."

"Do you want to feel it?" Marianne suddenly asked.

That makes Sera look at her auntie with a surprised expression on her face. Marianne slowly pulled Sera's hand towards her. Then she gently put it on her chest where her new heart is beating in a stable condition. Sera's eyes widened in surprise when she can directly feel on her hand the steady beating of Katarina's heart on Marianne's body. She is not knowledgeable in the field of medicine. But Sera can tell that Marianne is indeed healthy thanks to the good response of her mother's heart on her body.

This time, Sera is no longer crying. Instead, she can now smile happily seeing that her mother helped a lot of people. Her sacrifices did not go to waste.

"Auntie, is your heart beating so fast every time you see me?" Sera jokingly asked. "Do you have this feeling to make me your real daughter these days?"

"Oh, you. Sera, you are already my child even if I am not the one who gave birth to you." Marianne replied.

"Auntie, don't let Benette to see you want me to be your child. He will feel jealous and he might think I am stealing his mother away from him."

"Silly child. I am very sure that Benette will love it if you are his real sister. That boy is very fond of you."

"Well, that's true. Although he does not want to admit it out loud."

Because of it, the two women giggled in delight. Marianne and Sera talked for a few more minutes trying to catch up on the things that happened to them recently. Sera told Marianne that she will be graduating in just a few months and her auntie quickly promised that she will go to her graduation ceremony. The female alpha thanked her and jokingly said that she should get her graduation gift.

While the two women are still talking with each other, the front door suddenly opened.

"Hmm? Marianne, do we have a guest today—Sera?!"